I'm back.........

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Hi Friends,
I made it back in one piece from our big motorcycle adventure ! We did 1575 miles on the cycle and went through Arkansas, Missouri into Illinois to see my husbands family. It surpassed my expectations and I'm ready to "go" again!! What surprised me were the wonderful smells along the way....wild honeysuckle, roses, and the occasional chicken farm:rolleyes: . I think my favorite trek was the Mississippi river road. It followed the river from St Louis to Hannibal where Mark Twain was from. Alot of quaint river towns along the way and many artsy shops!
My Mom did surprising well while we were gone. I talked to her a couple times a day and she called whenever she needed to. I would be rolling down the highway with the cell phone at my ear talking to Mom during a " who is the man in my house" episode !
I badly needed the break and even though the trip was to see my FIL before his terminal lung cancer makes him really ill, it was all good. Visit with family was light hearted and fun, Nick got to take his Dad for a cycle ride ( the whole reason for taking the motorcycle) and even got his 81 year old Mom on it !
Coming back we opted to take the interstate and do it in two days to avoid looming thunderstorms and now we are catching our breath and getting the house in order.
All my fears about leaving my Mom were unfounded and the things I put in place to help them while I was gone helped alot. We have decided to go to Albuquerque for a couple of days next week to see my brother who is recovering from major surgery. I'm sure my folks will be ok through that too.
Oh, and I think I have a new part time job ! I'm very excited about it as I need something besides AD to think about !
Good to be back on TP, hope all is well with everyone.
hugs, Debbie

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Welcome home!

Hi Debbie
Glad you had a good time!
You sound bubbly and relaxed!
I'm sure Nick's parents had a great time on the bike too!!
Wendy:)

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Debbie

great to have you back! Can't wait to see the pictures you must have taken...;)

Envy your trip to Albuquerque! I was invited to Kirtland Air Force Base some years ago and always wanted to go, but the opportunity never came up.

Say Hi to New Mexico for me!

Beautiful sunny day here today... almost the first one this year. About to crack open a bottle of Semillon Chardonnay and strawberries and cream come later!

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hi Debbie,
Good to have you back - you sound really good, but what have you done to TP, it is so ssllooww!
Amy

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Thanks Bruce and Amy,

Slow? Either everyone is doing so well they don't need to TP or they are all on vacation??
It is good to be back.
I love Albuquerque Bruce, it is such a different culture out there. My brother is a contractor and mostly builds houses and community buildings for the Indian pueblos out there. I lived in a mountain village south of there when I was a kid for about 6 years. The mountains have stayed in my heart and I love the green chili season and smell of the pinon trees ! I hope you get to go someday.
I am working to reduce the size of a few pics. Not many of me there because I took them all:D . I'll take more in NM.
hugs, Deb

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi rummy

nice to see you back so glad the visit went well, enjoy your next one as much
take care xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi..........so glad you enjoyed your trip. Really hope it fulfilled some of your dreams,.

Tell us more later. TP so slo....w tonight. love

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Debbie, Lovely to see you back (((hugs))) you did make me smile when you said

I would be rolling down the highway with the cell phone at my ear talking to Mom during a " who is the man in my house" episode

Am Glad for you that it all went well , all sounds lovely I am going away on the 19 June to Gibraltar all on my own its going to be just lovely:)

Mmmm sounds lovely Brucie
About to crack open a bottle of Semillon Chardonnay and strawberries and cream come later!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Debbie

Your trip sounds wonderful! Especially as your Mum coped without you quite well too. Perhaps you could use some of "the things I put in place to help them while I was gone" again, to help even when you are not on vacation, just to lighten the load generally for yourself & Dad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa