I'm amazed !!

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
Today I was struggling for conversation with my mum (83yrs old)with vascular dementia, so I decided to get some very old photos out of when she was a young girl, she remembered her aunts names their child and baby's name !! Names and ages of her cousins in the old photos and some of them even where they once lived. She really enjoyed telling me, I really enjoyed listening. Isn't the mind complex..........an hour later she couldn't remember her grandsons name, the past is remembered not the present.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
And perhaps the past has become her present.

Perhaps you can find other ways to meet her there and I am so glad you had such a lovely experience with her.

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
"...the past is remembered not the present..."

You may find this >>>VIDEO<<< interesting.

Thank you nitram. Yes very interesting. I myself have to be reminded sometimes, as I do find it difficult to accept this change in my mum, it's not always easy is it.

Jenga

Mar 27, 2015
Today I was struggling for conversation with my mum (83yrs old)with vascular dementia, so I decided to get some very old photos out of when she was a young girl, she remembered her aunts names their child and baby's name !! Names and ages of her cousins in the old photos and some of them even where they once lived. She really enjoyed telling me, I really enjoyed listening. Isn't the mind complex..........an hour later she couldn't remember her grandsons name, the past is remembered not the present.

My dad said he had some old songs in his head he couldn't get rid of, I asked for the them then downloaded 119 sonGS from the era, when we had a lovely afternoon on Saturday with my mum with Alzheimer's she sang along and knew all the words, it was amazing she can't remember the names of most of her family it what she was doing 10 mins ago, but long term memory is darned good, it brought a smile to our faces