I'm alright but I just want to scream!!!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
:mad::mad::mad::mad: just realised there is only a 'mad' icon not a screaming one well I am:mad: but I want to scream:eek::eek::eek::eek: 'eek' doesn't quite fit the bill:rolleyes:

Jaygun's post yesterday about said it all for me but it's not my caree the cause of the problem tonight just emergency plumbers paid to be on 'call out' deciding they can leave an elderly lady til the morning :mad::mad::mad: brilliant customer service guy who listened to my many rants for over an hour and has got balls rolling and maybe even heads:eek: not before time:mad:

Thank you , I feel better now:)

And all I wanted to do was watch Downton!!!

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
You know, I think the words Customer and Service must have more than one meaning and not just the one I thought they meant! ! :rolleyes:
Scream away SueJ.x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
You know, I think the words Customer and Service must have more than one meaning and not just the one I thought they meant! ! :rolleyes:
Scream away SueJ.x

Thank you Maureen, the steam coming out of my ears is slowly going off the boil:D:rolleyes:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you managed to record Downton Sue or at least watch it on catch up. Mind you, I don't think this series has been as gripping as the others. It seems very rushed and patchy.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I hope you managed to record Downton Sue or at least watch it on catch up. Mind you, I don't think this series has been as gripping as the others. It seems very rushed and patchy.

I'll have to watch it on catch up Sylvia I don't know how long til it's available ?maybe tonight, I'm too wound up to go to bed so I'll try and check it out soon when the kettle's gone right off the boil;)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
:mad::mad::mad::mad: just realised there is only a 'mad' icon not a screaming one well I am:mad: but I want to scream:eek::eek::eek::eek: 'eek' doesn't quite fit the bill:rolleyes:

Jaygun's post yesterday about said it all for me but it's not my caree the cause of the problem tonight just emergency plumbers paid to be on 'call out' deciding they can leave an elderly lady til the morning :mad::mad::mad: brilliant customer service guy who listened to my many rants for over an hour and has got balls rolling and maybe even heads:eek: not before time:mad:

Thank you , I feel better now:)

And all I wanted to do was watch Downton!!!

What's happened, Sue? No hot water? A leak somewhere? What's being done about it today? Can I help?

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
What's happened, Sue? No hot water? A leak somewhere? What's being done about it today? Can I help?

Thank you Chuggs, suffice to say I am fed up with countless calls to a company paid to be called out. Flooded bathroom, no working loo both have been sorted now but not 100% so another visit still necessary - that's about 10 visits in less than a month! In between having to try and get in touch with caree's GP to discuss issues which evidently they still don't get, as last contact with dementia care worker was 'well what is it you actually do for her?' most of the time I don't have the language myself to tell them. I have had it up to the eyeballs and above. Well I wasn't that good and have been in my ranting mode, when I am far from myself, but it does make some people listen sometimes and get things done - I just don't understand why people just don't do their jobs properly :confused:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thank you Chuggs, suffice to say I am fed up with countless calls to a company paid to be called out. Flooded bathroom, no working loo both have been sorted now but not 100% so another visit still necessary - that's about 10 visits in less than a month! In between having to try and get in touch with caree's GP to discuss issues which evidently they still don't get, as last contact with dementia care worker was 'well what is it you actually do for her?' most of the time I don't have the language myself to tell them. I have had it up to the eyeballs and above. Well I wasn't that good and have been in my ranting mode, when I am far from myself, but it does make some people listen sometimes and get things done - I just don't understand why people just don't do their jobs properly :confused:

I do get that last statement. It's a bit like the "You must be patient" quote. Thing is, that's just an excuse for others who don't live in constant trauma/crisis mode. I feel like my patience keeps getting kicked off the edge of a cliff for other people's benefit. It's never for mine!

Do hope your troubles are soon over. If I can help in any way, gimme a shout.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I do get that last statement. It's a bit like the "You must be patient" quote. Thing is, that's just an excuse for others who don't live in constant trauma/crisis mode. I feel like my patience keeps getting kicked off the edge of a cliff for other people's benefit. It's never for mine!

Do hope your troubles are soon over. If I can help in any way, gimme a shout.

You're so right Chuggs, they do not know what it is like to live in constant trauma/crisis mode. To be fair most of those I spoke to were polite and apologetic and some limited by their role as to what action could be taken but not all of them, but the whole system seems in chaos, 'They seem a bit busy in that area', well of course they are if they are constantly called back to jobs that haven't been done properly the first time.

I intend to pass the baton of some of my troubles over soon, to where they belong.

Thank you, please put your hands together.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
You're so right Chuggs, they do not know what it is like to live in constant trauma/crisis mode. To be fair most of those I spoke to were polite and apologetic and some limited by their role as to what action could be taken but not all of them, but the whole system seems in chaos, 'They seem a bit busy in that area', well of course they are if they are constantly called back to jobs that haven't been done properly the first time.

I intend to pass the baton of some of my troubles over soon, to where they belong.

Thank you, please put your hands together.

You bet, sweetheart, xxxxxxxxxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
:eek::eek::eek: screaming again don't have energy, strength or words to write it down but am fed up:(:( caree is oblivious:rolleyes:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
It sounds like you're over doing it Sue. Who is caring for you?

Thanks Sylvia:) I have 2 hrs a week HH support which is invaluable but I am still struggling to get my scans followed up which is documented should have been done in 2012! I manage my condition better but its still pretty miserable a lot of the time, although I try not to be;)

Caree is getting worse dementia support worker cant/wont discuss anything am still trying to get contact with GP, I can't leave her to struggle alone yet many others can and do, why do they not understand that behind the presentation things are far from as they say they are? Same old question I know and same answer 'if they don't say they need help they can't do anything' :eek: It is rare that people go to GP and say 'I think I may have dementia' and is highly unlikely in the latter stages which is where I think we are but all the behaviours are there and rapidly getting worse, I do my best:)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
:eek::eek::eek: screaming again don't have energy, strength or words to write it down but am fed up:(:( caree is oblivious:rolleyes:

Sue, take it slow and PM me with all of it. Not promising any miracles, but I have big shoulders. Can I call someone for you, or chase anything up?

Your plumbing problems sorted yet?

I love you, sweetheart. Let me do something, even if it's just cyber-holding hands with you, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cudbear

Nov 5, 2015
I'm with you Sue

Thanks Sylvia:) I have 2 hrs a week HH support which is invaluable but I am still struggling to get my scans followed up which is documented should have been done in 2012! I manage my condition better but its still pretty miserable a lot of the time, although I try not to be;)

Caree is getting worse dementia support worker cant/wont discuss anything am still trying to get contact with GP, I can't leave her to struggle alone yet many others can and do, why do they not understand that behind the presentation things are far from as they say they are? Same old question I know and same answer 'if they don't say they need help they can't do anything' :eek: It is rare that people go to GP and say 'I think I may have dementia' and is highly unlikely in the latter stages which is where I think we are but all the behaviours are there and rapidly getting worse, I do my best:)

Sue - I so recognise this situation from personal experience. When you need to 'blow', you might consider calling the Samaritans - they're not just there for people who are at the end of their tether, and they won't think you mad or bad for calling. It won't sort the problem, but it might help make you feel a bit less harassed.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks folks:) I'm a bit easier today , my worse symptoms abating, but STILL have ongoing drain probs:eek: thankfully an 'action girl' i.e. someone who does their job properly;) has just called me back to say correct job has been raised as emergency to get the problem sorted asap this pm:). Also managed good chat with Dr and follow up has ensued - I feel I can breathe again.:)

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hope things were sorted Sue , makes such a difference when you find someone who does things properly