im a newbie

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
i really havnt a clue if im doing this right im a bit of a novice when it comes to blogs and tags but i do have a question... me and my husband have a consultation on the 8th of april...he went for a mri scan followed by a phone call to have an eeg and an ecg...we have had no feedback just a phone call to attend next week... im so worried and upset but dnt want to show this to my husband

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
Hi Rea welcome to TP.

What triggered the testing? Did you flag up memory problems?

over two years ago but because my husband was 58 it was put down to stress and depression....it wasnt until i had an heart attack and couldnt cope with the stress of him being constantly confused, the constant questions that i went back and insisted that smthing was done...finaly it has and now we are faced with i dnt knw what????

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
My dads in the process of being diagnosed too.
From what I've been told we will see the consultant for the results of his scans to get additional info from dad & from me.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello real123 please don't worry it may not be as bad as you think until you get a diagnoises for your hubby, welcome to Talking Point, you will get lots of advice here, keep posting do not feel alone there is always someone here to help you

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Just to say hello and as has been said,try not to worry it may not be so bad :)

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Hello from me too. Don't cross your bridges until they are hatched, or something like that. It's so easy to think the worst is coming and we all do it. When you have a diagnosis share it with your friends on here and you will have support, advice and understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
Hello from me too. Don't cross your bridges until they are hatched, or something like that. It's so easy to think the worst is coming and we all do it. When you have a diagnosis share it with your friends on here and you will have support, advice and understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

thankyou... i do beleive its chickens and eggs but bridges will do, it did make me smile tho, and seeing im in a place where i dnt know a thing yet other than uncertainty a smile is good

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
Just to say hello and as has been said,try not to worry it may not be so bad :)

thankyou for responding... im hoping it isnt as bad as im imagining, altho we spent the whole weekend searching for things that have gone missing again...only for my son to turn up and sternly asked his dad what he had done with them he got straight up and went to his coat pocket for us to find a magpies nest...help is needed somewhere

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
My dads in the process of being diagnosed too.
From what I've been told we will see the consultant for the results of his scans to get additional info from dad & from me.

thankyou.... my problem is i cnt wait,,, there obviously smthing that isnt adding up, but fingers crossed ... the 8th of april isnt to far away now

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
Hello real123 please don't worry it may not be as bad as you think until you get a diagnoises for your hubby, welcome to Talking Point, you will get lots of advice here, keep posting do not feel alone there is always someone here to help you

thankyou... ive felt so alone dnt like to burden the kids with my worries and concerns just yet as we still really dnt know anything... feel as tho im in limbo ... had a reallly upsetting weekend with anything and everything going missing...only to find a magpies nest of everything he had hidden...rang the doctor who havnt got an appointment until the ...wait for it 20th april... good job it isnt life threatening

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello real 123 l know how you feel, when you find so many things hidden, it is quite a shock, after awhile you just get use to it, my hubby hides everything, but l know the hiding places, bank statements, most of my mail, if he gets to the post before me, then he can't find his personal belonging because he has hidden them, and can't remember where he has put them. You just need to know his hiding places!!!!! It is very hard to deal with this strange behaviour, l hate this awful decease, it robs us of our loved one. Keep posting

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
rea123, if your husband has to have treatment for his condition, maybe it's better to know what the problem might be, and start medication. I know it's only human to worry, but do try not to. As has been said, it may not be anything much.

Good luck on the 8th, and keep posting, we are all here for you. Sending good wishes. :)

Shiela

Mar 26, 2015
i really havnt a clue if im doing this right im a bit of a novice when it comes to blogs and tags but i do have a question... me and my husband have a consultation on the 8th of april...he went for a mri scan followed by a phone call to have an eeg and an ecg...we have had no feedback just a phone call to attend next week... im so worried and upset but dnt want to show this to my husband

hi there I am reasonably new to this too I wish you well with your appointment and hope things are better once you know what's what. It seems better once you have an explanation of what's wrong I know I did.

Maryland

Mar 30, 2015
North East UK
Another newbie

Welcome from me too. You will find lots of support and advice here if it is needed.

Hi I joined yesterday after a recommendation from our support worker. They are really good and support u 24/7. After my husbands MRI Scan he saw a brilliant consultant and she went thru everything. Do not worry you will be well supported. I wish I had know about this diet some 18 months ago and I wouldn't have felt is alone

Maryland

Mar 30, 2015
North East UK
Another newbie

Hi I joined yesterday after a recommendation from our support worker. They are really good and support u 24/7. After my husbands MRI Scan he saw a brilliant consultant and she went thru everything. Do not worry you will be well supported. I wish I had know about this diet some 18 months ago and I wouldn't have felt is alone

Many thanks for your kind support.

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
Hello real 123 l know how you feel, when you find so many things hidden, it is quite a shock, after awhile you just get use to it, my hubby hides everything, but l know the hiding places, bank statements, most of my mail, if he gets to the post before me, then he can't find his personal belonging because he has hidden them, and can't remember where he has put them. You just need to know his hiding places!!!!! It is very hard to deal with this strange behaviour, l hate this awful decease, it robs us of our loved one. Keep posting

wow....so im not going mad then...tod my mum what had happened and she just sat thereshaking her head with a look of disgust on her face....so for time being may just keep thoings to myself... the doctor phoned back and said he has left a prescription for diazapan to be taken sparingly until we go on the 8th.....dnt knowwether to get them for him or not and what the hell is sparingly.. may just take them myself

rea123

Mar 30, 2015
hi there I am reasonably new to this too I wish you well with your appointment and hope things are better once you know what's what. It seems better once you have an explanation of what's wrong I know I did.

thankyou... i cnt beleieve people on here are being so kind,,, tried talking to my mum today wish i hadnt... as ive said until we now anything its hard to talk to anyone as they ask so many questions and i have no answers...sat here with my hubby wide awake looks like another long night... then he sleeps on and off all day... its like having a baby is that cruel to say that... feel so disloyal to him