I'm 18, looking for support from other people my age

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by AKJ, Nov 25, 2015.

1. AKJ

AKJ Registered User

Nov 25, 2015
    Hiya! I'm really new to TP so don't really know how it works yet! My grandad has dementia with Lewy Bodies and has deteriorated very very quickly! This has been a massive strain on my whole family and because of this I don't want to put any more strain on my parents by always getting upset in front of them. My friends also don't really understand dementia property so I'm desperate to reach out and try and find some other young people I can talk to for support xx

2. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Hi AKJ. welcome to TP
    It seem that the young only want to relate to the young too, we're all here to help.
    All of the advise is given regardless of age (or indeed; sex, race or whatever) doesn't matter. The help, benefits, nurse care and all the rest can come from those who have come through the system, maybe we're older than you but we can still help.
    K

3. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  4. DivingDavey

DivingDavey Registered User

Feb 18, 2015
    Solihull
    Hello as much as I wish I was 18 I'm way older now - you'll find loads of support on this forum from all ages and it looks like there are a few useful links to forums for younger people too.

I would just say don't be afraid of your loved ones seeing you upset, they are sure to be upset too but don't try to keep it inside.

5. SophieAnn

SophieAnn Registered User

Apr 16, 2015
    Burton
    Hiya I'm 15 and my dad has dementia, I understand how feel about not wanted to get upset in front of your family. I'm here if you need anything!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point