Ignorance is bliss

Wigan

May 5, 2013
I have read today in the Wigan Evening Post, that proposals have been put into the local council to convert a property into a day centre for older adults with dementia. The applicant plans to have 8 visitors per day with 2 carers. The story carries the headline "day centre is a threat to human rights". Some of the comments contained within the article such as loss of privacy and security conflicting with residents' rights under the Human Rights Act. And another one that goes beyond belief is "there will be an increase in noise and disturbance". It just shows that many people are still so ignorant and ill informed when it comes to Dementia.

Thankfully, there are people out there who want to make things a little easier for both the sufferer and their carers, and hopefully provide a safe and happy facility that people will want to use.

Good luck to the applicant.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I hope those charming and selfish complainers never have to find a day centre place for one of their own family members (or perhaps I do).

Always get cross when people trivialise human rights by throwing the term around in this way...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN