if your parents can talk please listen. you never know when it will end

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Funny enough I was 'chatting' with my Mum today about her past. We can't have conversations about the present, she has no real concept of what is happening in the here and now.

I know her back history very well she had 3 boys M,W & F then came me, a girl, & after me she lost a little girl A.

I asked her to tell me about the children she had, 'Well there was M, then I had 3 boys...I didn't have any girls....'

I felt so sad, here speech is clear, her sentences are well made, but the majority of what she says is now untrue or a jumbled hodge podge of her life. She's happy with what she is saying, and at least she is still talking....but I miss her :(

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Funny enough I was 'chatting' with my Mum today about her past. We can't have conversations about the present, she has no real concept of what is happening in the here and now.

I know her back history very well she had 3 boys M,W & F then came me, a girl, & after me she lost a little girl A.

I asked her to tell me about the children she had, 'Well there was M, then I had 3 boys...I didn't have any girls....'

I felt so sad, here speech is clear, her sentences are well made, but the majority of what she says is now untrue or a jumbled hodge podge of her life. She's happy with what she is saying, and at least she is still talking....but I miss her :(

I echo that. Mam was with dad for 45 years . Had a really happy marriage yet she cannot remember him at all. In fact her older sister also with dementia spotted mams wedding ring and asked her if she was married and mam replied no, I've never been martied to which her sister replied well you must have been you are wearing a wedding ring.

It's one of the last conversations they had . Poignantly funny . Eight weeks later her sister passed away.

You never know how this disease will go. My aunt just a kick in the pants of 92 was able to eat, talk ok until before her last moments which thankfully did not drag on too long.

My aunt was lovely. I miss her too. I miss them all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix