If Your Loved One is Looked After By Agency Carers

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Amble, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Amble

Amble Registered User

Jun 5, 2007
    Surrey UK
    When I was Care Giving and there was a regular change over of Carers I downloaded what I deemed to be the most useful information from this link
    http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheets
    and made it into a booklet.
    I concentrated on
    incontinence
    Agression
    Dressing
    Washing
    Eating
    and one or two others.I tried to keep it relatively brief, concentrating on the most important points as I felt if it were too long it would not be read.!
    I asked the Agency to tell every Carer who was coming that it was required reading
    as was the booklet I had made detailing almost every aspect of the daily routine specific to the Sufferer including their likes and dislikes etc.
    It may help if you have Carers who are untrained by their Agency.
    From Jane's recent experience detailed in " A Terrible Day" on the Tea Room Thread , it seems clear that not all Carers are trained by their Agencies.