If you see my mums legs can you return them please

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Apparently her legs have been taken and one of them thrown in the dump .

i don't know how you can agree to that one.
she was adamant her legs arent her normal ones.

im wondering if this has something to do with the nearly empty tube of volterol she's been using to moisturise her legs. She showed it to me saying she had almost run out. Her legs did a look redder today than last time I saw her. ?

when my logic didn't persuade her, I did mutter that she wasn't a robot (I've been binge watching Westworld). ?

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It certainly sounds like it could be the volterol. If I were you, I would contact 111 right away. I would remove what's left of the medication. Perhaps you could leave a regular hand lotion if your mother is focused on moisturizing her legs.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks @Canadian Joanne .

Volterol was removed and her huge tub of cetreban found "put away" in a cupboard after an extended search of all the usual places.

Not bothering with 111, she has several potions for her legs that the doctor prescribed and is applied by her carers

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Redness is considered a side effect. I don't know how easy it is to deal with 111 @try again but we have the equivalent here and I have used it several times, essentially to get confirmation as to what I should do. I found it reassuring.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It may be that the volterol caused numbness and once it is stopped and the effect worn off she will stop thinking that.

Mind you, what you are describing sounds like a delusional misidentification syndrome - Oliver Sacks described a similar case in his book The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat. If this continues, this is what it might be.