if you lose it I will replace it

cairo mick

Jun 12, 2021
I have come up with a new strategy tonight - might work might not. Uncle lost the bible - blamed carer - I found the bible, and delivered a new one (after losing the old one) and now rearranged the various bookshelves and lost the bible again. I gave up tonight - told him every time he loses it I will replace it and I really cant be bothered with searching through endless wardrobes and bookcases again. at £3.50 it just isn't worth the effort as the end result is quite pointless and he still blames everyone else.

LunaJ

Mar 24, 2021
Ditto @cairo mick . I hate to think how many hours I've spent searching through drawers, wardrobes, boxes etc for the same things over and over again. It's a continual cycle of lose-find-lose.
Now I have key finders on the more important items (keys, purse with bank card in it, TV controllers etc), and everything else I don't search for anymore. It'll either turn up sometime, or if not, I'll buy my mother another of whatever is missing. She always blames my brother for anything missing, even though he lives hundreds of miles away and hasn't seen her for years.

vintagemaid

Apr 15, 2018
Slightly different, but just as annoying. My OH was constantly moaning that the rechargeable toothbrush wasn't holding it's charge. Silly me, I ordered him a new one, only to find he had been plugging the charger in but not switching it on!! We now have a toothbrush in stock and I make sure the old one is kept topped up

Catastrophe

Feb 15, 2019
I once spent 3 hours searching for dad's losy hearing aid. I should really have checked his ear first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandynoyes