IF you can get out... does this help?

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Thinking of you, Grahamstown. I too am thankful TP is here.
Sometimes it seem more real than anything.
The people are more real because we share the same language.
Xxx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Good morning @AliceA I have just completed the preventing dementia course with mixed feelings. Is there a slight implication that if you don’t follow the prevention guidelines then there is an element of blame attached to the individual? It’s all very well but in the final analysis dementia cannot be prevented, yet. This course does add to the total of intensive efforts to do something about the disease and has to be applauded for that. The theory of the brain structure and function and pathology is much easier to cope with than the rather nebulous information in the treatment of the pathology.

I do hope you are doing ok and that your life is not too difficult.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Life seems as unpredictable as the weather. The phones stopped working today, now sorted but exhausting.
I afraid I have not finished the course, I did the first session and got through that fine, but I have just not had the time. So much has been going on.
I fear when there is no answers the vacuum gets filled with so many theories. I would have like to have done it though.
As you and I know from experience a healthy lifestyle has not prevented it in the case of our husbands.
I think this planned break is causing preparation problems, I seem to be taking longer to explain things.
Much of life seem a catch 22. Do we slim to help heart or keep some padding to cushion fall, for example.

The first course we emphasised only a percentage of the range of dementias were help by lifestyle and that was more of delaying the symptoms rather than preventing.
It is easy to blame the sick person, just gives a reason not to improve funding.

I hope you are managing.
My husband has just unplugged things because the is a storm forecast tomorrow. I did say we would need things before that so tomorrow will do. He looked at me with a look suggesting I was being foolhardy. So we are unplugged. There is a logic it just gets stretched.

Gosh I am yawning, talk later xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti