ID Tags

Megan

Sep 10, 2005
Hampshire
Does anyone know where I can obtain some sort of ID card or something that could possibly be attached to a keyring. My husband walks for hours and hours every day, he is still finding his way home OK, but I know it will only be a matter of time before he becomes lost. I have had to have the Police out a few times when he has failed to come home at a reasonable hour and as he doesn't carry a mobile phone or a wallet he has no ID on him at all in case something should happen. It was suggested to me that I made up some address labels and get them laminated but I know that Colin will probably lose them or throw them away as rubbish, so I thought maybe something that could be attached to a key would be useful, until he loses that as well!

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Megan,
You could just get a dog collar tag made and put it on a key ring. Alternatively, some people with diabetes or epilepsy have Medi-Alert bracelets and medallions, which can be kept on all the time. I should think NHS Direct or the GP's surgery would have a contact number for this. I think they have a register so medical details can be accessed quickly if needed.
Kayla

mandyp

Oct 20, 2004
Glasgow
I got a keyring similar to what you're looking for as my daughter went to school only to find that 6 wee girls in her class had the same school bag (she came home with the wrong one twice!!)

Anyway, I got the one that has a little piece of paper in it and put her name on it. I got it in a shoe repair shop (Timpsons to be specific) and I'm sure it was about £0.50,

hope that gets you in the right direction for getting one.

Mandy

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
word of warning

Dear Megan,
You are absolutely right to plan ahead. We live in a village, and after the first couple of times of searching for my husband, I took a brief description/explanation with a photograph and contact details to the local police station, just in case they found him wandering. Once my husband became aware that he was 'lost', he would get so stressed that he could not be relied upon to remember his name, address etc.
You have already been given various tips re. 'labels', and I think craft shops also sell keyring kits with plastic tags that prize apart so that you can insert a photograph - you could just as easily put a contact number in there.

A word of warning: if your husband carries house keys, you should only put a contact telephone number, perhaps a postcode - finding a key with an address would be a bit like an open invitation ....

Good luck!

Megan

Sep 10, 2005
Hampshire
thanks for advice

Thanks for your replies. I will certainly look around for some of the things that people have advised. I had already thought about only putting on a contact mobile number, certainly no address. I think I might well go to our local police station and give them Colin's details, although I think they hold all that information after the amount of times I've had to call them out.