iam new

busta

Mar 21, 2015
isle of sheppey kent
Hello everyone iam new to talking point.iam 55 years old and last year was diagnosed with small vessel brain disease and early stages of vascular dementia seking help and advice from members who can share help advice and support many thanks busta

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning busta and welcome to TP.

I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis. It must be a worrying time for you. I'm glad you have found TP and am sure you will get lots of help and support here. There is a section entitled 'I Have Dementia'. While you will get support on all areas of the forum I thought you might find it interesting to have a look at this -

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?56-I-have-dementia

There is also a section entitled 'Younger People With Dementia And Their Carers' which you might find interesting.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?27-Younger-people-with-dementia-and-their-carers
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Take care.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis busta and do hope you will find help and support on Talking Point.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello everyone iam new to talking point.iam 55 years old and last year was diagnosed with small vessel brain disease and early stages of vascular dementia seking help and advice from members who can share help advice and support many thanks busta

hello busta, sorry to hear that. My partner has early stages Vascular too and gets very fed up when she can't do what she used to. Hope you have support from family and friends or find it here. The care support centre in Bristol has been invaluable with courses and resources, so if you have such a facility locally I would recommend it.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hello busta, and a warm welcome from me too, although I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

This is a lovely site to get emotional support, helpful advice and practical tips, and I'm sure you'll soon feel part of the 'family'.

Keep posting! Nothing is too trivial or bizarre to ask, and many people will have had similar experiences and can offer support.

xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan