I Won't Hide Any Longer

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
I had a horrible experience a couple of weeks ago, which I now feel able to share with you.

My brother had copied posts of mine from this site and given them to his solicitor as part of his protracted ongoing bid to stop the EPA held by my husband and my Uncle from being registered.

I neither know nor care how he found out I use the site, but I felt that he had taken my deepest darkest fears and thoughts and....having circled words and put asterisks etc on those pages, had given them to strangers to look at.

They are my private thoughts and opinions and have absolutely no bearing on the registration.

I hid from this site and posted under the name lovdn2, being so very careful not to expose my identity.

That has now changed........I was looking at the photo of my Mum and Dad that I keep next to my computer and thought..............no more........I was brought up to be honest and open and I'm not going to "hide" any longer.

I must say a huge thank you to the moderators who have been so very supportive, it has been a horrible couple of weeks, but it's over now and I am back!!

Kathleen
xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good for you Kathleen, Welcome back as your true self. :)

Let him try to make mischief if that is the only way he can get his kicks.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good for you, Kathleen. It's not just the moderators, the whole of TP is behind you. Welcome back!:)

Love,

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Thanks, it's good to be back:)

Margarita.............he wanted to hurt me and he did, not the first time, but I won't let him do it again.

Kathleen
xx

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Kathleen

"If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools....."

Kipling was right especially:

"Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,"

Well done, I admire your courage.

Dick

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Kathleen,

Welcome back. How about printing off all the threads that support you and highlighting the best comments? Not necessarily to send to the solicitor, but to remind you of all the support you have here. :)

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Sue

I know I have support here, it is my lifeline to sanity sometimes.:)

Mum's solicitor started to read them, realised what he was reading and stopped, he is appalled by such a dirty trick.

Still I have only ever said what I think and feel, no need for me to feel ashamed is there.

Just feel a bit tearful and fragile, but so much better than I did hiding behind a fake name.

What you see is what you get, I'm sorry to say:D

thank you

Kathleen
xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Kathleen, feel you really need this from all of us. Welcome back.

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 320

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
wonderful

its wonderful Kathleen that you are able to be yourself and s** to the rst.you keep going the way you do.its a shame families are torn aprt with this.love elaineX

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Elaine, thank you it is sad, but as long as Mum is alright, that's all that matters right now.

Connie, that was a wonderful group hug, it brought a smile to my face, thank you.

Kathleen
xx

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Where are you Kathleen

Hi Kathleen just a note of support for you.i joined this site a month or so ago and you were one of the first to offer your support.thanks for that dads getting assessed next Friday.hope you and your mum thrive.take good care of each other.love elainex

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Kathleen, just wanted you to know that, like everyone on TP, I'm behind you 100%. I think your brother has behaved very shabbily indeed. Thank goodness your Mum has you on her side. Sending you caring wishes and HEAPS of support!!

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Elaine,

Thank you.

Good luck for friday, hopefully it will be a positive experience and your Dad will get all the help he needs.

Hello Nell

Thank you.

Mum has my sister and I and our families looking out for her, we all love her deeply, she is a lovely Mum, always has been and our children have all got very happy memories of spending time with their Nanna and Grandad.

The support of people on here means so much, thank you again

Kathleen
xx

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Kathleen

What an insecure soul your brother clearly is. Shame he couldnt sit down with you and simply talk and 'ask' you how you felt, such a shame he felt he had to print off your thoughts and fears, maybe he has learnt something from this. He seems to have missed a massive point here, as a brother, he should have been sharing your worries and pain along the way, and being a support to you, and not learning about them for a public site.

You keep strong and keep posting.

Cate

Well done solicitor, thank goodness there is still some integrity out there.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
He does miss the point, but no matter what he does to hurt not just me but others in his family, I still love him and always will.

The last time I thought I was having a text "chat" with him, it was his partner texting while he relayed what I was saying to someone else on the phone........
how sad is that?

Now my texts are answered with "wrong number." I won't bother any more, I am well past childish games.

Maybe one day we will be able to speak to each other, just the two of us, and both be honest about how we feel, who knows?

The balls in his court now.

Kathleen
xx