I wish this nightmare would end.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sue:

Just caught up and hard to believe yet another seizure. Poor you, poor David, it just seems so unfair that you are coping with this.

I wish there was a good way to comfort you but hope you benefit from the support here on TP.

Thinking about you. Love

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sue,

I am so very sorry to hear of David's further seizure.
This must be so very difficult for you.
Thinking of you and sending love,

Nan XXX

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Sue

You seem to have had every possible worst case scenario of Alzheimers thrown at you and with alarming speed.

We all know how much you love David, and I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like seeing him go through this. Poor David has suffered so much and I feel that you have shared every little bit of his pain.

Take care

Sue xx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Sue,

I've been thinking of you and David and hope that you're not too bad. I'm so sorry to hear about David's latest seizure, and just hope that you can both have a little time to get to grips with what it means.

Sending lots of love, hugs and support,

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I visited David today after I had received a call from Jamie to say that Dad was laughing and smiley and trying to talk. This is what happens every time when you are lulled into a false sense of security after a seizure. `I have read on TP so often how people suddenly seem to improve the first couple of days after the seizure and this is so true.

I realise that this is short lived but having said that it was so lovely to see the nearly old David trying very hard to talk to me and smiling - only wish it was permanent.

Now we have to wait and see what damage tomorrow might bring....

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Sue, I do feel for you both and wish I could help. Sending lots of love and complete understanding.We are always here for you

love
Bronwen x

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Sue
I am so sorry you are having a tough time, it never ends dos it?

Sending you much love and hope David is better soon.
Love Roseann xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sue just caught up with your post, so sorry you are having to live with this hell too, the siezures really take there toll dont they, but yes for a few days after one the difference is remarkable, but only makes it worse when the improvement vanishes a few days later, lets hope this time David stays more like his old self for longer. sending you both my love Pam

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
OMG! after yesterday, when David was happy, laughing and smiling (day after seizure) we all left feeling really elated and happy to see him so well.

Today I couldn't believe the difference! - He didn't smile when he saw me he sat there with drooped eyelids and his mouth dropped open whilst they tried to feed him. Through all of this he has always loved his food but now they were having problems feeding him and he kept food in his mouth instead of swallowing.

What a short lived day we had yesterday before this downturn. The carer feeding him said that nothing good ever comes out of these seizures and boy he is right.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Home have just phoned to say that GP is convinced that David is also having Petit Mal as well as Grand Mal fits - I must say that I have noticed that he frequently seems to be 'elsewhere' and now I know why.

They are now going to try him on Carbemazapine in combination with the Sodium Valproate in order to try to control the electrical impulses in the brain which cause the jerking/twitching and seizures.

If this makes him drowsy so be it - I don't know where else to go from here - quite frankly the way he looked today I would have thought he was drugged but he wasn't.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sue,

Oh dear that was a fleeting glimpse of David's former self!! I can imagine how you feel today. I just hope that tomorrow is better Sue. Big (HUG) coming your way:)

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
The is so cruel Sue. It must be massively hard for you and your family. What a c**p disease. Thinking of you. x

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Oh Sue..I am so sorry..and so it goes on. I do hope they are able to help David, I was going to say I can't imagine how you are feeling, but I obviously can as do all of us here on TP.

I hope our love and support helps you.

love
Bronwen x