I wish this nightmare would end.

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by susiesue, Nov 7, 2010.

1. susiesue

susiesue Registered User

Mar 15, 2007
    Herts
    Just had a call from David's Home to say he has had yet another seizure - this time 4 minutes long:(

I spent the afternoon sitting with him but he was fast asleep and I am now wondering what damage this latest one will have done - there doesn't really seem much left of him that it can destroy.

I am feeling very sorry for him and also me at the moment....

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Oh Sue. My heartfelt sympathy and love to you both. This is so hard for you and your family. Wishing you strength. xx

3. elfinpixipi

elfinpixipi Registered User

Oct 28, 2010
    leeds
    Im so sorry to hear that, i cant really offer you any advice as i am still learning myself but i can say that i am here to listen if you need. TP is a very good place to come when you are feeling low. Just pop on if you need any support, we are always here for you. xxx

4. julieann15

julieann15 Registered User

Jun 13, 2008
    Leicestershire
    Dear Sue
    Sending my love at this difficult time

Love Julie xx

5. Mo_N

Mo_N Registered User

Oct 29, 2009
    South East Essex
    Sending a comforting hug.

Mo
    x

6. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dear Sue, I'm very sorry to hear the news about David and I'm sending you much sympathy. Love from Deborah

7. hazytron

hazytron Registered User

Apr 4, 2008
    SOUTH LAKES
    So sorry to read of David's seizure, I hope you have someone close at hand to comfort you.

Thinking of you and sending BIG HUGS

Hazel

8. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    I can't lift your burden but there are warm and caring thoughts winging their way to you.

9. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Sue
    Am so sorry to hear David has had another seizure

My heartfelt thoughts are with you.

10. elaine n

elaine n Registered User

Jun 1, 2010
    west country uk
    Oh Sue, this is so hard for you, sending you love and a big (((HUG))) and wishing you strength xxxxxxxelaine

11. maryw

maryw Registered User

Nov 16, 2008
    Surrey
    Dear Sue, so sorry you have all this worry and stress. Sending a big hug and wishing you strength xx

12. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Sue,

It doesn't seem five minutes since the last long seizure Sue:( Poor you, poor David. I suppose you can't do anything other than wait to see how David is when he comes round over the next couple of days.

Big (HUG) to you. Love

13. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    thinking of you both sue love larivy

14. CaPattinson

CaPattinson Registered User

May 19, 2010
    West Yorks
    Me too Sue

Thinking of you both at this very sad time and sending a big hug

hug special 2 cats.gif

15. piedwarbler

piedwarbler Registered User

Aug 3, 2010
    South Ribble
    So sorry that David has been hit by yet another seizure. It is harder in a way for you to watch and wonder how he will recover. I hope you find he improves over the next couple of days - the long sleep today may be restorative. I certainly hope so.

xx

16. Necion

Necion Registered User

Sue, so sorry about Davids seizure. Sending wishes for strength to both of you. Take care of yourself.
    Love, Necion. x

17. louise nugent

louise nugent Registered User

Feb 22, 2010
    cumbria,england.
    sue

Hi,Sue Me and my family are in the same situation at the minute although my mam has stopped the siezures at the minute, it has left her like a totally different person we have had to move her to the local clinic for an assessment because the care home are finding it difficult to deal with her and, are scared she is going to harm herself .We took her on tuesday and went back to see her on thursday and she had fallen so now has two black eyes she is very aggresive at times and just not the woman we took there on tuesday and you just cant believe someone can go down hill so quick this disease is full of surprises and tonight i cannot get the picture of my mam shouting angrily at an empty corridor just want this nightmare to end for her sake as much as ours :(I hope knowing your not alone at this point in time is some comfort keep your good work up .

18. muriel.elliott

muriel.elliott Registered User

Aug 21, 2010
    Berkshire
    Hugs

Hi Sue,
    So sorry to read about david, i do so feel for you. I am quite new to TP but already feel at home, we are all here for the same reason.
    You will find the strenght to cope with whatever life throws at you.
    All our thoughts are with you, love and hugs Muriel x

19. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    Hello, Sue, My heart goes out to you both at the news of another long seizure. I pray for you both, and wish you strength.
    sleepless.

20. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    So sorry to hear this, Sue.

You must be so worried.

Is anyone doing anything about these seizures? Forgive me if they are and I've missed it.

Hoping that you are ok, under the circumstances...sending hugs and love.

xx