I will never Give up Hope !!!

Strong

Dec 2, 2006
Medford
I haven't wrote in along time on this site.I will try to update you on my mom.I had a bad accident at work 9 1/2 months ago.I fell 6 feet off a catwalk headfirst onto the concrete back first.I ruptured my L5-S1.Anyway I had surgery on my back almost 2 months ago. I can't walk still that good I still walk with a bad limp & pain never ever goes away.Before the surgery I had to use crutches But the good news is I'm alive & breathing in this world.I have had a hard time with my back 12 years ago I had back surgery & built my body back.It did take 7 years to get back.It's been a battle helping my mom through what she's going through.I do want to tell you I've learned alot & have done almost everything I can so far to help my mom out.She goes to daycare 3x a week, has doctors, is on meds has a socialworker.My mom has her up & downs but I think she's alot happier.Even though I don't have to many conversations with her she remembers , I'll never give up hope that she still hears me inside.Some days I want to break down but I hold onto inside, because I think it's hard for other people to understand how hard sometimes it is on you.Even my wife, some friends don't really understand that your Hero is turning into a child right in front of your eyes. Even the strongest hurt.My mother's a fighter & one of the strongest people I ever known.I did get that from her & won't ever give up on a cure for ths awful disease. I try to vision at least 1 great moment I had with mother when we have a bad day. It doesn't always work but I will try other ways of dealing with my feelings walking,Drawing have a quiet couple of hours by yourself to take a deep breath & relax. I read alot of letters from everone & It's easy for everyone of us to crawl up & give up for what you have been through..Alot of your letters gave me alot of support I read. I didn't know anything about Alzheimers .I took alittle from everyone of you & ask question after question about how to help, make it better for my mom, Meds etc etc. I just wanted to thank everyone for your imput even though I haven't wrote in a long time Sorry.What I Learned in life is we have to role with punches in Life & never ever Give up Hope & keep fighting in life when we get knocked down again again in Life. Life is to short as we know.Thankyou for listening me ramble on.I just wanted to tell you a idea of what's going on in my & moms life.Thanks again Strong P/S if anyone knows a fundraiser I can be a part of let me know.I'm a athlete & have a couple of friends in professional sports that would love to help raise money for this site.I live in the Boston area

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Wise words.

What I Learned in life is we have to role with punches in Life & never ever Give up Hope & keep fighting in life when we get knocked down again again in Life. Life is to short as we know.

Thank you for updating us on yourself and mum. Thinking of you,

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Strong
nice to hear from you again.

if anyone knows a fundraiser I can be a part of let me know.I'm a athlete & have a couple of friends in professional sports that would love to help raise money for this site.I live in the Boston area
Have a look on the main Alzheimer's site,there is informationon fund raising

Contact us
If you have a fundraising query please contact the events team.
Email events@alzheimers.org.uk
Events hotline 0870 417 0192
Norman

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Hi Strong. Nice of you to post. I don't think it matters when (or even if ) you post. I don't mean that in a rude way, just some days "we" can not
mange it, for a reason. Somedays I post to have a rant, get it off my chest so to speak. Sometimes I post a reply to a posting and know that
"perhaps I should not of said that" - too late. So sometimes I want to post but hold back, done that many a time. So posting this now I think that
this is what TP is about. Post if and when you want. We are pleased to read.
best wishes cris

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Strong, really sorry to hear about your accident: that must have been a real shock to the system. I hope you make a full recovery very soon. Your mum is lucky to have your help and I am sure that there is a 'halo' effect, a warm glow somewhere, when you talk, and care for her, whether or not she remembers the conversation afterwards. She may have an 'emotional' memory, if not a factual one. Love Deborah

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Deborah Blythe said:
She may have an 'emotional' memory, if not a factual one.

What a lovely way of putting it:)

I know Mum doesn't know exactly who I am, but she does seem to realise she knows and loves me.

Strong, you have been through an enormous physical and mental trial and have dealt with it all in the best possible way.

Stay positive and if you do feel like having a cry, let the tears come..........they are not a sign of weakness, but natures way of relieving a bit of the stress you are having to deal with every day.

I hope you will soon be fully recovered and send you all my very best wishes for the weeks and months ahead.

Kathleen
xx

Strong

Dec 2, 2006
Medford
Thankyou Each one of you !!!

I want to thank evryone for your kind words. It really does help sometimes to hear from other people that it's okay to be hurt inside & it's okay to cry. I wish I could but it's very hard for me too. I will write more on the site because of the way all of you made me feel. Thankyou for understanding.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Strong said:
I want to thank evryone for your kind words. It really does help sometimes to hear from other people that it's okay to be hurt inside & it's okay to cry. I wish I could but it's very hard for me too. I will write more on the site because of the way all of you made me feel. Thankyou for understanding.

That's exactly why this site is my lifeline at times.

It's impossible not to be hurt inside unless you have a heart of stone.

Kathleen

x