I Want My Pammy Back

ROLANDIPAM6

Apr 3, 2014
Hi, my wife Pammy has dementia and I am her full time carer, we have been married for 68 years,
Pammy is 84 and I am 87. I keep my self fit so I can manage all the chores. Pammy has had this dreadful illness
For 8 years now and we have been through the slapping face, and anger, being shut out of the house period ( I have slept in the car many nights ) but now things have calmed down a lot, not sure if it is the Memantine she is taking Or not, but she is with me, I could not put her in a home I just love her around me although it is very very hard work. I talk to Pammy just as though there is nothing wrong I spend a lot of time trying to make her laugh and some times I do get a smile, I would love to have her back, in fact I wrote a song about it, called (I Want My Pammy Back ). When each of the family heard the song, they all cried, of coarse I did too,
Who knows maybe one day this may happen, please god.
Take care every one. Cyril.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It’s so sad @ROLANDIPAM6. I can imagine that your song must have made everyone emotional.

Thinking of you and wishing you strength.

None the Wiser

Feb 3, 2020
I love your post @ROLANDIPAM6 because it says it all.
You want your Pammy back. I want my husband back. We all want our loved ones back as they were, with all their infuriating habits, etc.
It sounds to me as if Pammy is very lucky to have you looking after her. I’m in my 60’s and it’s been hard, hard work both physically and mentally. I wish you well in keeping her with you at home. Look after yourself too.

ROLANDIPAM6

Apr 3, 2014
Hi, my wife Pammy has dementia and I am her full time carer, we have been married for 68 years,
Pammy is 84 and I am 87. I keep my self fit so I can manage all the chores. Pammy has had this dreadful illness
For 8 years now and we have been through the slapping face, and anger, being shut out of the house period ( I have slept in the car many nights ) but now things have calmed down a lot, not sure if it is the Memantine she is taking Or not, but she is with me, I could not put her in a home I just love her around me although it is very very hard work. I talk to Pammy just as though there is nothing wrong I spend a lot of time trying to make her laugh and some times I do get a smile, I would love to have her back, in fact I wrote a song about it, called (I Want My Pammy Back ). When each of the family heard the song, they all cried, of coarse I did too,
Who knows maybe one day this may happen, please god.
Take care every one. Cyril.
I love your post @ROLANDIPAM6 because it says it all.
You want your Pammy back. I want my husband back. We all want our loved ones back as they were, with all their infuriating habits, etc.
It sounds to me as if Pammy is very lucky to have you looking after her. I’m in my 60’s and it’s been hard, hard work both physically and mentally. I wish you well in keeping her with you at home. Look after yourself too.
Aww thank you so much, please take care.

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
You are incredible Cyril and an inspiration. I hope that you are getting adequate help.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
The love you have for Pammy shines through your post so strongly. Sixty-eight years of marriage is a wonderful and amazing achievement. We are here for you whenever you need to talk things through.

ROLANDIPAM6

Apr 3, 2014
The love you have for Pammy shines through your post so strongly. Sixty-eight years of marriage is a wonderful and amazing achievement. We are here for you whenever you need to talk things through.
Bless you, thank you very much, it really is comforting to know that. X