I Thought It Was Too Easy

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
It was all organised, a suitable care home was found for mum within a week of my request to our social worker, after a lot of effort on her part our GP agreed to do the Covid test, I had just sent a message thanking her for her help when the phone rang. The manager from the care home was ringing with bad news, there was a positive test with one of the staff and the home was shutting its doors for 28 days.
Now we wait.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear @Batsue.

I`m not clear if your mum has been admitted to the home or if you now have to wait the 28 days before she can be admitted.

Either way isn`t good.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
@canary
I dont think there is much chance of mum caching it, she is still here at home and the only time I leave here is to go to the pharmacy or collect fish and chips from a rural cafe.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh, I see, I thought she had moved to the home. Im guessing she will have to wait before she can be moved. I also expect that your mum will have to have another test ?

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh no. Hope you all manage ok during the wait and I hope it is all gone from home in that time and your mum can go in afterwards. ? Nothings ever easy is it.? Sending love and hope there's no more problems ?❤

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
:( Is there no other suitable homes ? Guessing as you say rural then not . Hioe they get it all under control soon and mum can go .

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Mum has just been offered a place in a different care home which looks lovely, I have had a long telephone assessment with the manager and after discussing it with my brother who said go for it, we have accepted.
Now we still have the problem of getting a Covid test done, Social Services are doing battle with the GP as to who is responsible!

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
The great news I that our social worker got so fed up with he GP that she raised the issue with her managers and they have now arranged for nurses to come to our house on Monday and do the test. I just have to hope that mum cooperates with them.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I've been away and not been posting much, so pleased for you that a second option has been found a covid test done.

Why oh why is there always that continued bouncing the ball between everyone to get things done though? As if carers don't have enough to deal with, more hurdles put in the way.

Hope all goes well in the next few days.