I think my mum is dying

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
First time I've posted in this section, mum has had a chest infection at the nh for last 10 days and is not responding to antibiotics, we had the talk about me non wanting to admit her to Hosp, so yesterday and today I've been sat with her at her bedside. She's very rattly and not really conscious though drinking a little. I feel helpless and I don't want to be here but I do if anyone understands that.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
That's the best I can be, pain free and comfortable, I think she is, though I know she finding it hard to breathe, I can't stop crying, I'm trying to be strong

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I feel for you too, Gillybean. The intensity of my grief during mum's final week hit me like a sledgehammer. Stay strong.

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Stay strong Gillybean, I will have to go through the same thing at some point in the next few months. I hope it is over quickly and peacefully for you both. Lots of love.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Thank you all for you nice comments.
I have spoken to Mum but I don't know what she can and what she can't hear, I find it hard to find the words but realise it's my last chance to say things which makes it harder.
Her breathing has changed too, everyone's journey is different but the last 12 months have been the hardest of my life and I don't want her suffering any longer from this bloody awful disease.

Oceanwave

Feb 7, 2015
Lancashire
Gillybean, I know exactly what you're going through. My gran died on Thursday morning and even now it doesn't feel real. I was holding her hand as she took her last breath x