I think I've had enough of my role as a carer

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Daily, I come home to a smell that would make a sewer rat pass put, no matter how much I clean there is always a fresher stronger smell of poop by the next day. Today I came home to a pile of 'nutty logs' left on the toilet cistern. I just broke down in tears, I can't live like this anymore, it's just not fair, I work all day only up have to face the horrors at home every day. Homelessness is a less stressful option from where I'm standing. Trying to put name on tenancy but this is proving to be slow. Almost a month since I sent in the change of circumstance form for the tenancy and not heard a thing, I give up...it's just not worth the stress

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s like emotional blackmail for you. You should not be forced to endure this, its too much.

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Daily, I come home to a smell that would make a sewer rat pass put, notated how much I clean there is always a fresher stronger smell of poop by the next day. Today I came home to a pile of 'nutty logs' left on the toilet cistern. I just broke down in tears, I can't live like this anymore, it's just not fair, I work all day only up have to face the horrors at home every day. Homelessness is a less stressful option from where I'm standing. Trying to put name on tenancy but this is proving to be slow. Almost a month since I sent in the change of circumstance form for the tenancy and not heard a thing, I give up...it's just not worth the stress

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Could you not get your mum into respite for a week or two to give you a break? Sorry if you have already tried but respite is not permanent so it shouldn't affect your tenancy.

flossielime

May 8, 2014
Bloody nightmare situation. i really dont know what you can do other then maybe demand respite (in this area there is a 4 week entitlement) and hope and chase up the council until you get confirmation through.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Saw mum in care home. There was dried smeared faeces on the wall near her bathroom.

I couldn't live with this at home.

Kazz the time has come!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Kazza :)

I wouldn't think anyone could live as you are on a daily basis, and hold down a job as well. I think from other posts that maybe you have some care help with your mum's meals, but I'm not sure what other help you have?

It sounds to me as if your mum needs a reassessment of her needs.....and that this may result in an application for residential care, or at least more help with her personal care. If I remember rightly, you need to have the flat tenancy assigned to you....but I'd contact your mum's GP and / or social services pretty quickly in any case.

Look after yourself as well as your mum, Kazza :)

Hope you get something sorted soon.

Lindy xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet