I think I must be lucky!

watneys

Jan 13, 2008
Liverpool
I cant beleive some of the terrible situations people are in.
I have been so upset over my mum since she was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia and worried constantly about her going into care but compared to some of you out there my problmes are not so bad.
Mum is going home at the end of this month but before this was finally agreed her social worker offered a 12 week stay in any home of my choice FOC to see if mum settled, this is after a 6 week stay in a NH short stay residential EMI unit where they are trying rehabiliation and assessment.
When she goes home she will have an EMI carer 8am til 1pm then someone from a care agency will call at tea time then another call around 9 - 9.30 for a back to bed call. She wil also have 2 days a week at the day centre.
I have a brochure from PSS and have arranged for them to fit a system called 'Just Checking' it monitors the daily activity of a person in their own home and it will be linked via my internet and I will know if mum has not moved for a while or if she has opened her front door or if she got out of bed and did not return.
Plus my wonderfull family help out as much as they can.
Must admit I have been onto her Social Worker all the time and I found that if you dont go on and on you wont get anywhere!

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bless you Watneys. Knew someone out there must be gettig something right.

Well done you for keeping on, and getting some results for your dear mum.

O.K areas differ, circumstances differ but, I am so thrilled for you.

Thank you for sharing. May you inspire others to better things.