I think I have figured it out.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I stayed at dad's overnight.I think I have figured how the times with a certain carer plus partner are sometimes overrun. These carers use an app on their phone, which will show a location of where they are or roughly where they are when they log in.. Dad has a car park which is beside dad's house. This morning they signed and wrote in their daily narrative that they arrived at 6.58 am and left at 7.45. They didn't. They arrived at 7.09 in the house.I looked at my watch.It would show that they left at 7.45 as it would have the GPS on the phone..But I was wondering how it worked with the 6.58 am time. Then it occurred to me as the car park is only a few feet away it will still be giving the location of the house. So it would appear they are in there when they are not.So I am assuming they are logging in in their car and then coming in later. I have emailed the care company with this scenario.This would explain explain what has been going on with the times. It looks like it took them today 43 mins with dad Not so. Only 32 if you take off the fraudulent 11 mins. This has been going on a while.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
That's really naughty. My OH carers logged in by scanning a Q code held in his room so they couldn't log in early and arrive later.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
how bad is that. every time he comes he is getting 11 minutes extra which is 77 minutes over a week. 1hr 17 minutes. he has been paid for doing nothing. nice work if you can get it!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
how bad is that. every time he comes he is getting 11 minutes extra which is 77 minutes over a week. 1hr 17 minutes. he has been paid for doing nothing. nice work if you can get it!
Exactly! This is the same carer that has been reassigned.In yesterday 's complaint I have asked not to have him.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Are they actually sitting there doing nothing, or are they reviewing the notes to see if anything has changed and what happened previously and then afterwards writing up the notes of what they did?

My OHs carers use an app too. They usually arrive a few minutes early, so they can look at the notes - and that is what has been happening because they often comment about something that had happened at the last visit - and then they spend about 5 or 10 mins afterwards making their notes. Some of them write it up in the house, and some of them write it up in their car. It is all part of the visit.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Are they actually sitting there doing nothing, or are they reviewing the notes to see if anything has changed and what happened previously and then afterwards writing up the notes of what they did?

My OHs carers use an app too. They usually arrive a few minutes early, so they can look at the notes - and that is what has been happening because they often comment about something that had happened at the last visit - and then they spend about 5 or 10 mins afterwards making their notes. Some of them write it up in the house, and some of them write it up in their car. It is all part of the visit.
They are sitting in the car before they come in.When I was a carer we arrived in the building then clocked in. Then after the task reviewed and wrote the notes. Not before though. Especially on someone else's time.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Where and when are they filling in the log? Is that a paper log, on an electronic one?

Are you able to access the same electronic log on?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall

They are sitting in the car before they come in.
Where and when are they filling in the log? Is that a paper log, on an electronic one?

Are you able to access the same electronic log on?
They have 2. They have an electronic log on their phone. Plus a paper one when they come in.No I cannot access the electronic one. They used to have open pass but it got taken away as the ambulance etc couldn't access it. You can log in anywhere in a phone as long as you are near the premises. There is no QR code at dad's address.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
They are sitting in the car before they come in.

They have 2. They have an electronic log on their phone. Plus a paper one when they come in.No I cannot access the electronic one. They used to have open pass but it got taken away as the ambulance etc couldn't access it. You can log in anywhere in a phone as long as you are near the premises. There is no QR code at dad's address.
Hw do you know that is what they are doing then? You cannot say that they re logging in when still outside if you dont know/ant see that they are.
the best you can say is they arrived minutes before 7, and started work just before 10 past

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hw do you know that is what they are doing then? You cannot say that they re logging in when still outside if you dont know/ant see that they are.
the best you can say is they arrived minutes before 7, and started work just before 10 past
He signed it at 6.58 . My watch said 7.09. You cannot sign in a house for 6.58. and then start work at 7.09.. Where is the 11 mins?.It is up to the manager to investigate the difference.Considering the other day it took 2 carers 50 mins each and dad was in bed,no bowel movement and had the same pjs from the night before and hadn't been changed into a day top . I have every right to question it.I will continue to do so.
Nobody in there right mind will sign in different times on 2 different things.Paper and app.

Last edited:

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Either change the company or just try to not worry about it
Is you dad looking well cared for? Is he content?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Either change the company or just try to not worry about it
Is you dad looking well cared for? Is he content?
Yes because I'm there all day and do his continence care. Dad is self funding . I have never been great at people taking the Mick.