I Saw Mum And Dad's Butterfly Again Today

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Morning @MaNaAk I see the adverts all the time and often read the messages people left. My dad passed 16 months ago the time has flown by I think of dad every day. Dad passed in a couple of months after going into the care home he was never well admitted to hospital during that time and back to care home end of life. I miss my dad every day.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Am going for blood test to check cholesterol since going on the statins three months ago. I can't remember if it's a fasting test but sure I wasn't told it was. Just going to have a cup of tea and hope that's ok.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Am going for blood test to check cholesterol since going on the statins three months ago. I can't remember if it's a fasting test but sure I wasn't told it was. Just going to have a cup of tea and hope that's ok.
no not fasting test i think its just diabetes is fasting test initially before diagnosis. ive never been asked to fast

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good luck @Wildflowerlady and if it was a fasting test it would be mentioned on the form. Meanwhile I collect my prescription on Wednesday.....

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good afternoon everyone,

I had a good day buying a chest of drawers but sadly when I got home I found a letter saying that mum's friend had passed away from Alzheimers. She had it for longer than dad and although I didn't know her very well I wouldn't wish this awful illness on anyone.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good afternoon everyone,

I had a good day buying a chest of drawers but sadly when I got home I found a letter saying that mum's friend had passed away from Alzheimers. She had it for longer than dad and although I didn't know her very well I wouldn't wish this awful illness on anyone.

MaNaAk
sorry about your mums friend but good you have found a chest of drawers. does it match the wardrobe?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've just heard from dad's old care home and I could be playing for them again soon. They still remember dad wondering into the kitchen.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Tomorrow is dad's third anniversary and I have made some plans to mark it. I can still remember the events of that week in sharp detail. Exactly three years ago I was having breakfast and then I received a phone call from the care home to say that dad was .... The fact that I lost my stuff doesn't help but I shall keep myself busy.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Tomorrow is dad's third anniversary and I have made some plans to mark it. I can still remember the events of that week in sharp detail. Exactly three years ago I was having breakfast and then I received a phone call from the care home to say that dad was .... The fact that I lost my stuff doesn't help but I shall keep myself busy.

MaNaAk
I shouldn't be sad thinking about material things but it's the time of year. Father's Day is also difficult as three years ago it was three days after dad's death.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I shouldn't be sad thinking about material things but it's the time of year. Father's Day is also difficult as three years ago it was three days after dad's death.

MaNaAk
thinking of you @MaNaAk the material things are linked to your dad and the house that he lived in. its all linked. i hope some memories will bring a smile to your face.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
@MaNaAk , anniversaries and special days are always difficult. Try to focus on
good memories and perhaps do something that you used to do for and with your Dad. Play some wonderful music. Thinking of you.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Thinking of you @MaNaAk I am also thinking of father's Day and will be the second that dad is no longer with me. It doesn't help that my sister and I are estranged again. I shall visit mum and dads grave next week with partner. My daughter is arriving tomorrow night to spend a few days with us so do have that to look forward to. ?

joeb40

Jun 13, 2022
Hi

MaNaAk

Good evening everyone,

I first saw mum's butterfly, a Brimstone, just over a year after her death and about the time of my birthday. It is a woodland butterfly and we don't live near the woods. I saw it again last year on dad's second anniversary and again I am not near any woods. I saw it for the third time today in the same place just as I was leaving to go shopping. I think they know that I'm moving.

MaNaAk
Hi

MaNaAk,​

I thought of your post today. I was walking to the shops and a beautful Tortiseshell fluttered and danced around me for a minute or so. It gave me a tiny bit of joy and hope.
Thank youand sending love
Joe x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've just seen what could be mum and dad's butterfly again so maybe they are wishing myself and Daisy good luck at the vet's tomorrow.

MaNaAk