I rely on dreams now. Partner had dementia

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
A year ago and I can hardly believe it. I followed your story and your humanity shone through. My deepest sympathy on this sad day and wishing you strength to continue with your life with Keith virtually by your side in your thoughts and dreams. I too have a strong sense of my husband’s presence, surrounded by his belongings and journals which he kept daily for over 30 years until Alzheimer’s robbed him of his abilities. It’s coming up to six months since he died and I still feel very strange while leading my life apparently normal to most people. Like a swan, serene on the surface while paddling furiously underneath. Sue xx
Thank you so so much for your beautiful reply and I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Oh yes, the swan, Me too, smiling away, about to crumple up any moment but don’t. That is pretty amazing about your husbands journals, too. Oh so good to hear from you. Thank you.
With love Geraldinexxx

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Geraldine - sorry for not replying sooner. I would love to be in touch with you regarding volunteering. I do not know when or if it will be possible for me to begin volunteering as visiting is still almost non-existent in care/nursing homes here (in Scotland). Two weeks ago my friend had her first visit in four months to see her husband in care home - she has to make an appointment for half an hour visit once a week. They sit outdoors in a gazebo 2 metres apart. There are three care homes where I live and they are all having "gazebo visits".

So many lovely messages - so many of us in the same boat - so many swans.x

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Dear Geraldine - sorry for not replying sooner. I would love to be in touch with you regarding volunteering. I do not know when or if it will be possible for me to begin volunteering as visiting is still almost non-existent in care/nursing homes here (in Scotland). Two weeks ago my friend had her first visit in four months to see her husband in care home - she has to make an appointment for half an hour visit once a week. They sit outdoors in a gazebo 2 metres apart. There are three care homes where I live and they are all having "gazebo visits".

So many lovely messages - so many of us in the same boat - so many swans.x
So love,y to hear from you, I know, it was difficult when I tried to reply to your message, technology!! Send me another message with your e mail details and well try again!
Love from Geraldine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL