I really don't know which way to turn can anyone help please

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
Hi,

My husband has early onset Parkinsons Disease and early onset Alzheimers Dementia. He is currently in a residential home but things have reached crisis point and they are giving him 4 weeks notice to leave as they cannot deal with his aggression anymore and I have to go to the home this afternoon. They are contacting Social Services today to arrange for a new assessment and to give me help in finding a new home that can better cater for his needs. We pay £422.40 every 4 weeks towards his care and the Local Authority pay the rest. If the new home is more money will the Local Authority try and make us pay more? OH had a financial assessment last time and they agreed the amount he had to contribute. I know that I do not have to and neither will I disclose what money of my own I may or may not have.

I always knew this day would come but I feel so lonely and desperate and wish I wasn't here sometimes. I have had very bad experiences with our Local Authority and Iam dreading the pantomime that will inevitably now ensue. We are both only 64 and have been dealing with these horrendous disease for about 7/8 years now. I really don't know which way to now turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Beanie I'm listening but not much help. Someone from your area will step in soon I'm sure. Stay strong.

Good wishes.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I don't know where in the east midlands you are but is there a local carers association?

I found my local carers association a real help when dealing with SS, they also had advocates one of who supported me incredibly at a face to face meeting with a CPN and 2 SW'.

Stay strong xx

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
I don't know where in the east midlands you are but is there a local carers association?

I found my local carers association a real help when dealing with SS, they also had advocates one of who supported me incredibly at a face to face meeting with a CPN and 2 SW'.

Stay strong xx

Hi Nellbelles I will have the meeting with the home this afternoon and then maybe look at whether there is a local carers association in my area. Have also just rung the Dementia helpline and they were able to answer some questions.

Marie Rose

Mar 5, 2017
Hello Beannie,
I just posted a very similar problem.
I hope you have had a positive meeting this afternoon.
Has the CMHT been involved so far? It really should be their responsibility now.
Do not agree to bring him home.
Please let me know how you get on.
I will keep you posted as well.
Virtual hugs
Marierose

QUOTE=Beannie;1397207]Hi,

My husband has early onset Parkinsons Disease and early onset Alzheimers Dementia. He is currently in a residential home but things have reached crisis point and they are giving him 4 weeks notice to leave as they cannot deal with his aggression anymore and I have to go to the home this afternoon. They are contacting Social Services today to arrange for a new assessment and to give me help in finding a new home that can better cater for his needs. We pay £422.40 every 4 weeks towards his care and the Local Authority pay the rest. If the new home is more money will the Local Authority try and make us pay more? OH had a financial assessment last time and they agreed the amount he had to contribute. I know that I do not have to and neither will I disclose what money of my own I may or may not have.

I always knew this day would come but I feel so lonely and desperate and wish I wasn't here sometimes. I have had very bad experiences with our Local Authority and Iam dreading the pantomime that will inevitably now ensue. We are both only 64 and have been dealing with these horrendous disease for about 7/8 years now. I really don't know which way to now turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
Hello Beannie,
I just posted a very similar problem.
I hope you have had a positive meeting this afternoon.
Has the CMHT been involved so far? It really should be their responsibility now.
Do not agree to bring him home.
Please let me know how you get on.
I will keep you posted as well.
Virtual hugs
Marierose

QUOTE=Beannie;1397207]Hi,

I always knew this day would come but I feel so lonely and desperate and wish I wasn't here sometimes. I have had very bad experiences with our Local Authority and Iam dreading the pantomime that will inevitably now ensue. We are both only 64 and have been dealing with these horrendous disease for about 7/8 years now. I really don't know which way to now turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

Hi marierose thanks for your response Iam sorry you are in a similar position to me it is horrendous isnt it? Excuse my ignorance but what is CMHT? I won't be bringing him home couldn't cope with him here anyway. You let me know how you get on as well.