4309705052a6912400907l%5B1%5D.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 3648216309a4236515511b589223787l%5B1%5D.gif
    3648216309a4236515511b589223787l%5B1%5D.gif
    159.9 KB · Views: 438

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Helen, what a lovely garden, well done. If I had a garden like that I would grow sweet peas up a trellis or a tripod, as my dad always did - lovely smell, and beatiful flowers to cut and take inside. Wish I had somewhere to grow them in my garden.

Hard work, yes, and not so enjoyable on your own, but well done.

Maggie, I really don't think it is appropriate to be passing comment on strange men's legs - but now you come to mention it, Brucie's ain't half bad! Lovely pic of you, Brucie, and Jan in your "bower". Get some sweet peas up the side, I am obsessed with sweet peas.

Love to all

Margaret

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Margarita said:
Must say Bruce you have got great pair legs
Margaret W said:
Brucie's ain't half bad
For the sake of Margarita and Margaret W, may I say that Specsavers and other such outlets do provide a fast service.

I have no links to Specsavers, even as a customer.

Back to the picture - I re-developed the top terrace of our large garden when Jan became afraid to venture beyond that. We had a short period when we were able to enjoy it.

Here's a picture of Jan at the edge of the top terrace looking down.

Jan on lawn 1.jpg

There were steps and perhaps her spatial awareness stopped her using them. Also, 400 feet down the garden, in the wooded area, she became afraid of getting lost.

Jan had loved that garden so much! :(

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning friends

Once again thank you for your support.

Bruce that garden looks like heaven to me but I think I would have more problems of yesterdays kind trying to tackle such a large space!

That is a lovely picture. I notice that Jan has the kind of hair that I always wanted - dark and curly:)

I feel calmer today and have learnt a valuable lesson - I hope.
I will tackle more appropriate sized chunks in future.

Love

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I notice that Jan has the kind of hair that I always wanted - dark and curly

Jan had at one stage enormous rollers in an attempt to try and straighten it out!

Her hair is just the same today - everyone remarks how beautiful it is, which is why I drive her last hairdresser a round trip of 40 miles so he can still cut it for her. He's a lovely man and I have to force money on him for taking time on his day off.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Your garden looks wonderful Helen

Agreed! It looks like a model garden entry for the Chelsea Flower Show, or a corner of Barnsdale. I like the shadow effect of the bird feeder that is out of shot. It makes me want to see more!

Compared to mine, Helen's garden is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

No advice Helen, but really wishing you a wonderful week.

Love Deborah xx

Last edited:

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Helen

I hope you are feeling a bit better today and your phone call to S/S goes well.Your garden looks wonderful as does Bruice,s.Like all were saying before me you are a lovely person always there for us all,so i hope TP has helped you.Take care Marian xx

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Hi Helen,
Just wanted to agree - your garden looks beautiful. It looks like you put a lot of effort in to it and as for the fence - I don't know how you did it!

I'm glad you are feeling a little calmer today - sometimes, although it is rotten to go through it, one goes through these blips and comes out the other side, seeing things clearer. It sounds as though you have had an important realisation and you are going to benefit from that.

Well done for everything you do.
Best wishes,
love Gill x

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Hi Helen, so sorry ,I just read your post, I agree with everyone's comments, you have come very close to burning yourself right out, and I do think you need help, the ss should be there for you and Alan, and your SW should always be there for you both, nobody knows that more than you, I hope you get the help you deserve.
By the way I love your garden its lovely, your both going to enjoy the fruits of all your hard work in the months to come.
Take care of yourself Love and (((((HUGS))))) Lynn

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Helen

I just wonder what is 'normal' anymore!!

I think you are doing a fantastic job looking after Alan and that wonderful garden too...

I think if you are anything like me you probably want everything just right and if it isn't then it gets you down. I am just starting to realise that it is just not possible to get everything just right these days..

Hope you are feeling better today - it is so lovely and sunny here and I hope it is where you are too

Lots of love:):)

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Brucie i am sat here with huge velcro rollers in my hair attempting to straighten the curls, hope it works as well as Jans.Not used them for years what a coincidence. Your garden looks wonderfull, trev is having a problem with spatial awareness hope i can get him up to our summer house he used to love it, but not holding out too much hope.its a cedar shed really ,Sorry for nicking a bit of your thread Helen, best wishes Pam