I no longer have a partner with dementia

Florence.

Nov 7, 2012
Just to let you know that my darling husband passed away from pneumonia on 30 November. No more nightmare of dementia, he is at peace. I posted several times when things were tough for us, which they often were. He won't go on to enter the final, awful, stage of dementia or enter residential care, both of which were round the corner and so, in time, these things will help me recover but, of course, that time isn't yet. Bless all of you on Talking Point. You were my refuge in time of trouble. God bless you and those you love and care for and I wish you whatever peace you can find for Christmas.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I'm sorry for your loss Florence and wish you strength for the future xxx

100 miles

Apr 16, 2015
Florence,

My condolences. It is horrid to watch the decline. And I understand what you say about not watching someone descend into the final awful stages of dementia.

But the loss still hurts.

Best wishes

100 miles

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news Florence. Wishing you strength and peace in the coming days, weeks and months.

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
So sorry for your loss Florence, my sincere condolences at this very sad time. Wishing you strength and peace, in the coming weeks. xxx

Clunchman

Account on hold
Dec 6, 2016
So very sorry for the loss you must now feel. Enjoy memories of when time was good and look to the future, and I know that is easy to say and hard to do.
I do not believe time heals, but it does teach you to manage. My best thoughts for you at this time.