I need to calm down

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
This is just a rant. My blood pressure, which is normally low, must be zinging off the top of the charts.

I and my sister have PoA for my mother. We have had it since January 2001 so it's not recent. When we first received it, we gave copies to all and sundry.

With my mother's pension package, she has medical insurance for both drugs and dental with a very large and well-known company. Naturally, we sent them a copy of the PoA. However, they seem to be particularly blessed with incompetents and idiots because this morning I was asked to send them a copy of the PoA - again. Now, losing it once is understandable but this was the FIFTH time I have been asked to send it in again.

The poor little girl on the end of the phone received my best She-Wolf of Bergen-Belsen imitation I'm afraid. I did say once or twice that I was sorry I was yelling at her but I couldn't stop myself. What added to my fury was the fact that I had contacted the company's ombudsman two months previously and never received a call, email or fax. I sent them a email last week complaining about their lack of response. I did get an email back saying they had no record of my telephone call, with an apology.

Now I've fired off another email - I tried to be calm but I'm afraid my annoyance shone through like a supernova.

So now I'll have to send the PoA yet again. I've decided to send it to them every month or so, just to make sure they don't lose the damn thing again.

ARRRGGGHHHHH!

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I wondered what the noise was:D:D

It's not good enough is it?

Ihope you are getting peoples names and keeping a log of names and dates.

Hope by now the blood pressure is back to normal.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Oh Bug**r, the bad weather usually comes in from the west....so we will be in for squalls and the odd tempest, originating in the Toronto area!!!!!:D:D Mind I don't blame you in the least..if we performed the way they do nothing would ever get sorted. Sending tranquil thoughts... love Maureen.x.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh dear! Hope you are feeling better now and your blood pressure is being monitored carefully. Their administration and records must be appalling. Do you send recorded delivery and get a receipt - it should help but they sound incapable of handling even that?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I need to calm down

Well, you had me fooled, Joanne! When I saw your heading, I immediately thought, 'Oh no, the aunt from hell has been at it again!':D

Calm down, dear, it's only a form!!!!

I do feel sorry for that poor girl though!:eek:

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Jan`s suggestion of Recorded Delivery warranting a signature is a good idea Joanne. Losing one POA is just about forgivable but losing four is gross incompetence.

Like Hazel I also thought of your aunt.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Should probably be "hands up who didn't think aunt". It would be a smaller number I'm sure.

Sorry you're having this hassle Joanne.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I took myself out for a nice Chinese lunch - forget the sandwich, today is a day to stress eat :D:D (apologies to Sylvia). So now that I've indulged my tapeworm, I feel a lot better. I've shelved the plans for the thumb screw and the rack.

Jan,
That's a good idea - I'll do that. They want me to fax it over, which is what I've done the last four times.

Hazel & Sylvia,
Dear God, at last it wasn't my aunt.:eek::eek: I would be doing this from a rubber room, I think! Thank you both for reminding me of small mercies (rather large, in this case - in all senses :D)

Thank you to everyone else for an understanding ear and a joke or two (laughter is always the best medicine). The weather should improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar