I need support

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Just listened to it, Tina - well done!

You spoke very clearly, and sounded so calm, though I know you must have been feeling anything but!

Respect!:)

xxxxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Tina , Hope the "T V Slot " went well & hope to see it on T P ? ...... If Kaz or some other kind person can "Put the Link On T P " please ;)

Also hope the "Save The Home's Meeting " went well for you :) & no doubt some Good P R came out of it for you Tina

Take Care & pace your self Tina & try & rest when you can please !

Love Grove x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Many Thanks Sue38 for putting the "Link On " as you can see live the "Wrong side " of the Penninies to do it my self LOL :)

Will "Catch Up " with it later when its on ! & thanks once again

Love Grove x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
The ITV news version:

http://www.itv.com/granada/care-home-future-doubt17641/

Tina, I am sure will post about the Public Meeting, and events planned for Wednesday if she isn’t collapsed in a heap somewhere by then!:eek:

I am still trying to assimilate what I heard (including between the lines this evening).

Great stuff, Danny on the APPG link – used a good quote from the report which I hope turned my simple question into a ‘take up and take notice’ moment. :)

Tina – you – and your family – the care home staff who attended – and the vicar, the relatives, supporters, and ... and – well all are absolute STARS!!!!!! (Except for one unmentionable who was NOT in the audience but on the ‘panel’!;)) Just wonderful to be panicking a few minutes ahead of the meeting starting that it would be ‘standing room only’!!!!!:)

See you on the Town Hall steps tomorrow!;)

Bravo! Attagirl! Fantabulous!:)

Kaz, x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
The meeting tonight was wonderful. I was so grateful for the 70 or so members of the public, the relatives and friends, including two vicars who came to support our cause and two lovely UNISON reps who were absolutely marvelous when they spoke. All the MP's came, and of course all backed us up in their speeches (well they would, wouldn't they - as Cristina Keller said) The opposition councillors came in and the room was full.

We started the meeting and who should walk in late? The Council Leader and the executive councillor in charge of the review - rude people!. The executive refused to come on the platform:confused:, the leader of the council came on the platform and dodged and weaved his way around the questions from the audience (which came thick and fast).

Our little mouse Karen turned into a lion, took her courage in both hands and launched into a question inspired by Danny which had the leader of the council thinking on his feet (I could see the 'cogs ' working away furiously as he tried to work out his answer)

It was truely inspirational to see so many ordinary people who had taken the time and trouble to not only come but put their point of view across.

I honestly think tonight's meeting made the council leader sit up a little and, if not change his ideas, at least he had to defend what he had never previously had to defend.

Got to get the bed soon. Been up and on the publicity trail since 6 am this morning.

Love to you all.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
tina, once again you were excellent in the interview. I was impressed by the interviewer too. He understood what you were talking about, and there was no doubt whose side he was on.

The meeting too sounds to have been a triumph, well done! It's going to take a very brave councillor to act against such a swell of public opinion. And I bet people will be queueing up to support you and Ken.

xxxxx

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Just watched your TV interview, must say I'm in tears. Congrats, what a great interview .
I know you will win ,not only for Ken but for all the residents . Make sure you keep well.
Pat

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Tina

I've only read this thread recently and I've just listened to and watched your interviews. Well done!

Good luck with the continuing campaign.

x

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Well done all of you.Whatever the outcome you could not have done any more.

Tina you are such a fighter,all those elderly people will be eternally grateful for what you have done for them, and Ken must be so proud of you and hopefully,he just may be aware of what you are doing.

Karen,if you can stand up in a council chamber you can achieve any thing you set your heart on.

PS. I am so proud to be from Lancashire,I could listen to Tina talking all night,its like listening to my mum on the phone!!!!:)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
A small crowd of us gathered at the town hall with our little A4 papers saying save our care homes. Included in the crowd was Angela, Karen (Tinkerface) and a lovely surprise (John) Beechmount who had travelled on three buses for an hour and a half to get to us! Even my mother turned up with her little three wheeler shopping trolly but refused to come on the pictures which were taken.

The Council leader came out, accepted the petition which I struggled to get out of a big bag - ( my very large, strong paper bag used on all our campaigning and with Ken's face on it and 'Save our Care Homes' in bold letters). He thanked us for the civil way in which we handled ourselves and disappeared with our 5 week's work in his hands, almost 8,000 signatures!

Some of us wandered off to find some food (a local Yate's Wine Lodge) and we had a lovely, relaxing few hours chatting and sharing stories. Just what I needed at the end of such a hard campaign.

But the fight is not over yet! I'm having a week 'off!' Then (hopefully with Karen & Angela some of the time) I will be leafleting people and asking them to put a leaflet in their cars!

Remember 'Save Dierdre Rashma' from Coronation Street campaign when people put the sloagan in their cars? I'm going to do the same but it will be SAVE OUR CARE HOMES.

I'm hoping the petition will give me the right to have a full council meeting in October and I can speak for five minutes to plead our cause.

After that, lets all hope that enough 'fuss' has been made so the council will be shamed into keeping our two excellent care homes running properly and allowing them to be filled once again with people who need the care they give.

Love to you all

xxTina

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
John – you know we are not ‘tough’ – just born with a bit of extra grit in our hearts for when the going gets tough ;) which is why our hearts are so big!! :D Bless you ... it bowled me over the effort you made to show support today – so what it meant to Tina, Goodness knows .....

(I have just about snoozed off the lunch!!!! (Too many liquid grapes in my case!):eek:
That 'Angi Babe' always leads me astray! :D)

Tina... when you have had some rest sure we will discuss more ... came away after last night’s meeting wondering if some small victories had already been achieved ..... there was already evidence of some backtracking and the lifting of a ‘moratorium on new intake’ (Councillor’s words) even prior to the review concluding????? ..... but then still bewildered by conflicting accounts (from councillors or public) of what has been happening in these care homes and options considered for their futures long before this ‘review’ was announced or what may yet be proposed .... hmmmmm ... some things best not shared on a public forum, methinks ........ :rolleyes:

You little troublemaker, you, Tina! :p Good on yer! Methinks the 'review' has already been reviewed - in light of all the attention you have drawn ..... some people didn't think of 'public opinion' sat in ivory towers drawing their humungous salaries thinking this was all going to be plain sailing, they could tick a few boxes and justify their decision, huh?;)

Not sure about Corrie Street - somehow your 'fight' reminded me of this clip:eek::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKsR_wUSfA
(Note to moderators or anyone else before they throw the book at me:rolleyes:: not meant to be political - just a bit of fun! There was huge stress at the Public Meeting that this issue was not a party political one but one where concensus must be achieved to protect our vulnerable - cor blimey - why do I feel like I always have to defend myself on TP?!:rolleyes:

All power to you, Tina - a remarkable, remarkable achievement thusfar - glad you relaxed a little this afternoon, x

Kaz, x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Reminds me of the quote: Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are correct.

Well done to all involved and hats off to Tina for an excellent interview ;) You all believed ;)

Alex x