I need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Vitesse, Nov 21, 2019.

1. CardiffGirlInEssex

CardiffGirlInEssex Registered User

Oct 6, 2018
    I don't think it registered, or if it did she soon forgot. Her decline since her hospital stay has really shocked us.

2. White Rose

White Rose Registered User

Nov 4, 2018
    Ebas you really must not put up with that. Mine will swear and get angry but I can calm him down and so far he's never hit me, the day he does is the day he goes into a care home (but we are lucky that he has funds to pay for it). Can you get help from social services, surely that is not something anyone has to put up with. Maybe post a question on TP for others who may be/have been in the same situation, if you haven't already done so.

3. Vitesse

Vitesse Registered User

Oct 26, 2016
    I agree with you, I do not intend to put up with any physical aggression. We will have to pay the fees, but it would not be up for debate. This behaviour is the sort of thing social services would get involved with and they will help you, Ebas. The hospital stay may well lead down that path too.

4. ebas

ebas Registered User

Aug 8, 2019
    Thanks I will do that later today.I am going to see someone on Monday at Derby carers group to see if I can get a carers assessment.Hoping they will keep him in for a week because at the moment I don't think I will cope at the moment.Had a good night's sleep.Will go & see him in hospital tomorrow

5. Vitesse

Vitesse Registered User

Oct 26, 2016
    Has the social service done on assessment of his needs? I had a bit of trouble at first when they did the assessment, but after a bit of complaining they have been trying hard to pinpoint the correct support for us. My problem is that my husband refuses to engage with PA, Day centre etc, so wants and expects me to do everything!! If he was worse, and needed full time care, he would not have a choice. I found the carers assessment to be a bit lightweight, so don’t pin your hopes on that.

6. RaggyK

RaggyK New member

Nov 20, 2019

7. RaggyK

RaggyK New member

Nov 20, 2019

8. dancer12

dancer12 Registered User

Jan 9, 2017
    Mississauga
    Atta Girl ebas:

I don't see any selfishness there. Nothing wrong with a little ME time (we all need it). It would be more selfish not to take it.:)