1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. lindisfarne

lindisfarne Registered User

May 1, 2008
    Its a few weeks since I've written but I've been reading the correspondence. A couple of months ago I had a meeting with my husbands' consultant and I asked her to take my husband off the Quetiapine (psychotic drug) as he has been on it for many months. It did calm him down a little at first but over the last few weeks he is returning to his aggressive behaviour, confusion and depression. The staff at the nursing home cannot withdraw this drug until the consultant makes her decision. I would dearly love to see if the withdrawel of this drug makes any difference as before he went on it he was never aggressive. It was to try to control his hallucinations which are still troubling him. Anyone else experienced this situation, if so, I would love to hear from you with your advice.

2. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear lindisfarne,
    In my personel opinion, if I was in your position, I would get back to the Consultant and explain the situation and how worried you are.
    Best wishes
    Christine

3. lindisfarne

lindisfarne Registered User

May 1, 2008
    Thanks Christine

Thanks for replying Christine. It is about a month until I see her but I am also keeping a daily diary about events that happen so I have ammunition. What a shame that we have to go to these lengths because, some how, Doctors think that these drugs are the b all and end all of all problems and in some cases they are definitely not. Any Doctors logged in?

Take care.