I need info on Risperidone

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you everyone for your support and sharing your positive experiences with me. Mam has now been put on a very low dose of Risperidone (first tablet last night) and today has, amazingly, been a good day. Fingers crossed it will continue :)

I honestly thought dad would never agree to an antipsychotic as he was so worried about the risk of stroke, but I think things were becoming intolerable as they were, and something had to be done.

Thank you all again xx

I really hope it helps CG and pleased today has been good:):)xx

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
Mam has now been put on a very low dose of Risperidone (first tablet last night) and today has, amazingly, been a good day. Fingers crossed it will continue :)

Thank you all again xx

May it long continue. best of luck peace and happiness for a long while.
My mother was on Risperidone for a several years and it really helped her and the family as she was not having hallucinations of 'people' in the house and was somehow more 'agreeable'. It is terrible when reading the side effect of any drug, but as it was said before it is the balance of quality of life too.
Wishing you and your family well

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Very good to hear this College Girl.

Sounds very sensible that mum was given a very low dose. 'Start low and start slow' is an excellent policy IMHO.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thank you very much keywest, that's really helpful, especially explaining what typical and atypical means, which I didn't really understand before. I'll print it off and give it to dad, I'm sure he'll also find it useful.