I need help!

MGB

Jun 26, 2008
Shrewsbury
My mum is 67 and has vascular dementia. So far ive got social services and a mental health team going in. Today we moved on and she said yes to people going in to check her taking tablets. I cant cope with the 30/40 phone calls i get after this - hating me swearing at me telling me all sorts of things all horrid. I no its normal but i cant cope with it. Im an only child so its me thats getting it all the time. I went to the GP this week who said its ok you not depressed (i have been years ago) you are stressed and run down - i walk out with the pills for my mum and the puffers for my 5 year old - nothing for me. The GP is good though she came this morning before the mental heath lot and just told my mum she had to have help - we could not find the pil box i got for her and i think she has been taking the all in one go and this time shes just put it in the bin!
Sorry for ranting dont realy know what im doing just know who ever i ask im not getting much help for me. Still waiting for carers support to get in touch and others!

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello MGB,

Welcome to TP.....:)

I'm no expert....but there are lots of people here who are going through similar experiences..hang on..

Others will be along....

Love gigi xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Yes Gigi is right others will be along to help and advise you (it seems quiet here tonight)so hang in there.

Welcome to TP you have come to the right place.

Have you Admiral Nurses in your area? Or Princess Royal Trust for carers? They are there for you contact them if you can.

Linda x

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
hiya MGB,
Do you feel that you need medication? What about counselling?...If you think that you need support from your GP go back again and ask for it.

Use TP though....it does help to sound off on here....we all have some insight into what you are experiencing......it must be so difficult having mum berate you over the phone, when you are doing all you can to support her. You may not be getting help elsewhere....but there are people here for you...who are interested in how you are feeling and coping.

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello MGB

- i walk out with the pills for my mum and the puffers for my 5 year old - nothing for me. !

Just a suggestion, but next time you go to the GP, don`t ask for tablets for your mother or a prescription for your 5 year old. Make sure the appointment is for you and only for you. Then the GP may concentrate on you.

Love xx

Jessicaa

Jun 27, 2008
West Yorkshire
I know how you feel !

I am new to the site and saw your entry. My mum is 62 and has dementia as a result of a brain tuma when she was in her mid
50's. I too have a five year old and find it all very tough. My mum has a great neighbour that is taking on allot of the care which makes me feel very guilty but there is no way I could fit it in.
Just thought knowing that someone out there was going through the same would help, it has made me feel a bit better !

Jess

My mum is 67 and has vascular dementia. So far ive got social services and a mental health team going in. Today we moved on and she said yes to people going in to check her taking tablets. I cant cope with the 30/40 phone calls i get after this - hating me swearing at me telling me all sorts of things all horrid. I no its normal but i cant cope with it. Im an only child so its me thats getting it all the time. I went to the GP this week who said its ok you not depressed (i have been years ago) you are stressed and run down - i walk out with the pills for my mum and the puffers for my 5 year old - nothing for me. The GP is good though she came this morning before the mental heath lot and just told my mum she had to have help - we could not find the pil box i got for her and i think she has been taking the all in one go and this time shes just put it in the bin!
Sorry for ranting dont realy know what im doing just know who ever i ask im not getting much help for me. Still waiting for carers support to get in touch and others!

MGB

Jun 26, 2008
Shrewsbury
It is nice to know others going though the same thing. Shes still ringing asking for her car back which we have as the mental health team told us to take it away from her. Thats not been easy as she keeps asking for it back and cant have it. We need to sell it to pay off debts she has run up and she wont accept it. Will this stop or will this go on and on. I willl turn the sound off the phone again soon i dont want to hear her going on and on its doing my head in again. :(

Ruby

Oct 25, 2005
Australia
Hi MGB

Just to say you're not the only one to have turned off the phone (or not answered it at all!).

As with the previous suggestion, go to the doctor just for yourself. Depression definitely reared its head again for me.

Good luck

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi MGB

This is a great place- we are experiencing changes in our loved ones. Know about the phone calls we had 3 in quick succession this morning. Luckily Ian (my fiance) is home for the weekend so he took them- got herself into a major loop today with regard to Ian popping in this afternoon for a cup of tea on his way back from Warwick. We had another call just after asking him if he was going for "proper tea" and another 5 minures later asking if she could take him out for some tea???? I know it's frustrating as hell answering the same question a dozen times but we have the secret- don't give them too much info- just the simplest facts- the more info thay have the more confusing it gets. Hang on in there.

Julie (struggling to stop an 8 month old getting into mischief- who told me that being an older mum was easy?)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman