I must be a very selfish carer!!!

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
It was meant to say you have a life to be lived !!!!it is because I did not put a space between the a and the l . I was using my I pad at the time. not my lap top

Jeannette

Forestridge

Feb 10, 2013
An Alfie life has made me smile!

Ang57 well done on yesterday. I know SS are really stretched in Elderly Care at the moment in some (probably a lot) of areas and it takes a fair bit to get things from them.

Agree on not making too many conditions. Maybe have a think and focus on what she does that you consider to be a risk to her health and say those are the key areas you feel a Care Package needs to address. I'd also say in your opinion as the person closest to her and as her Carer, you suspect she does not have Capacity.

My Mum for example has been climbing on ladders with poor mobility, not drinking properly, not taking medication properly and not calling for help when she fell. I was advised by a friend who works in community health that these things would be triggering alarm bells with SS and she was right.

Another thing I think you maybe could do with is getting support from a Carer's Association, an Advocate maybe . Someone who knows the system , can act on your behalf but can also make sure the correct procedure is followed to ensure your Mum's safety. They will know this whereas it is a minefield to navigate for the rest of us, especially whilst under huge amounts of pressure.

I'd also go to GP and say you are feeling really stressed and get them to check your blood pressure- anything really , just so it's your medical records that the situation is negatively affecting your health.

Hang in there, you've made your decision . You will get your life back, it just takes a bit of time to get everything sorted.