I miss you so much

Granny J

Mar 26, 2020
Had a cry tonight i normally get hold of myself and think come onlass hes dtill here ,but tonight it hit hard that our memories are going and hes becoming distant isolating is not helping and i miss what he was so much , he alters the past cant remember things weve done but says hes had or done things that never happened im so lonley

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
That sounds like what are know as confabulations. The memories are fragmented and the brain fill the gaps with what seems logical to make sense of the confusion. There is little point in disagreement as it is their 'truth'.

Dementia is hard on all carers and I know only too well what it's like when the person with dementia is a husband or wife.

I just hold on to the little glimpses of my wife as she was.

Granny J

Mar 26, 2020
That sounds like what are know as confabulations. The memories are fragmented and the brain fill the gaps with what seems logical to make sense of the confusion. There is little point in disagreement as it is their 'truth'.

Dementia is hard on all carers and I know only too well what it's like when the person with dementia is a husband or wife.

I just hold on to the little glimpses of my wife as she was.
Thank you yes sometimes i see the hes still there , had a decent sleep and feeling better today thanks for explaining whats happening to him i cant think how he must be feeling

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27