I miss normal conversation

jojop

Nov 9, 2013
SE London
Hi jojo

Have just got 5 minutes to myself after another busy day cooking, washing ,ironing, stripping wallpaper and spending time with Dad, oh yes and packing!! All ready. He hasn't called for me in the night 3 in a row now.
Getting that extra time really makes a difference doesn't it! Glad to hear that you have recovered a bit too.

Have packed and labelled Dad's things too. My brother is taking him ( we will all go) tomorrow evening.

The Church have been loaning us a wheelchair and got a call today to say that they had been given a better one and would we like to upgrade?! Nice touch I thought.

Have got a mega big suitcase and am starting to take things a bit at a time, with April in mind, so that I don't have a panic in the end.

Hope you have had a good day. Any chance for experiments yet?
I got a blender recently and am planning to try out some different soups when I am up with OH. Broccoli and stilton and spicy parsnip are the main ones I fancy. And I am going to make my own caramelized onion hummus.

Will shed the extra half stone when I get back, so that I can enjoy Christmas!

Xx
Hi, what a busy day you have had. Good idea taking bits ready for April.
Loving the sound of Broccoli and Stilton, let me know how it turns out.

No experimenting today, been a case of me and my shadow most of
today, just got mum settled and sleeping now.

That's lovely of the Church to offer an upgrade on the wheelchair, sounds like a really supportive village.

Hope you have a good day and your dad is okay and sleeps well too.

2 more sleeps
Xx

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Hi jojop

Have you tried carers support? That was the first help I had which was a sitter with MIL 8 hours every other week. It might be worth a try x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

jojop

Nov 9, 2013
SE London
Hi jojop

Have you tried carers support? That was the first help I had which was a sitter with MIL 8 hours every other week. It might be worth a try x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Hi 1954,
I have 9 hours sitting service a week
X

jojop

Nov 9, 2013
SE London
Hello Heidi,

Hope your day has gone well and your dad is okay and you manage to get him settled in this evening.

Mum was UP at 0430 this morning and insistent I join her, nothing I tried (and believe me I tried everything ) so up I got.
She fell asleep at 8am, by which time I had cleaned floors, bathroom, toilet and started on kitchen. What did I find when clearing cupboard........Gelatine!!! What a dopey mare, off course that is the thing to use to make a slurry for cakes etc.
So blinkin' tired not done any today practise session tomorrow here I come.

Hope you have a good evening, safe journey tomorrow and have a fab week with cats...and off course other half.
Xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi jjojo

Sorry to hear that you have hardly had any sleep again. 1954 is right that a sitter would give you a bit of time to yourself, maybe even get your head down for a couple of hours. Dad was up and calling for me in the small hours, but I was thankfully able to get back to sleep quite quickly. I do feel for you. Hope tonight is more restful.

I have been running around today, but Dad is in and settled. He arrived singing and gave one of the carers a kiss, so I think he will be fine. The euphoria hasn't yet kicked in, coz when we came to leave, after discussing it with him all day, I said"we are going now" and he said -you are having me on!! I phoned when we got home and they said he was fine though. Should be asleep by now.

Gelatine!! What a brilliant find. That is exactly what you need! The practice session is gathering pace! Should be really satisfying when you get to it.! Talking of satisfaction - I finished my jumper and a friend helped me put it together! It's.....stripey! Multi coloured stripey! Am going to give it to Chico (OH) for Christmas,.

The more I think about it, the more I hope that you can get a little bit of time for you. I thought I was running ragged, but you are a Trojan!! And you are looking after 2 people. I have nothing but respect!! I'd love to hear that you were looking into getting a bit of help!

Anyhoo. I'm packed, prepared for Barney, alarm set for 5.00am and ready to hit the road. One technical hitch is that the bank cancelled my card due to fraud on my account! Oh well. At least they found it out in time and I have got ways round it.

Fingers crossed you get more sleep tonight. Thanks for all your good wishes. Xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hiya.

I have been looking through old posts at situations where caring duties are overwhelming and the first port of call seems to be to contact Social services re a Carer's assessment. If you haven't had one of those already, it might be a good idea to give it a go?

I know that both your Mum and Sister are dependent on your for everything, but what does that leave you with?

Pep talk over, but seriously jojo- think about it !

I'm just about keeping my eyes open. About to crash! Just emptied a couple of heavier things out my case as it was getting difficult to lift and there are steps involved....will take them next time I go for a weekend.

Half a sleep to go xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi jojo

How has your week been? I had a great week with Chico, but am not quite sure what to expect when I wake Dad up in a bit. I have posted under' Respite blues ' and await any replies with interest.

The broccoli and stilton soup was really lovely, if a little bit salty with the full amount of cheese.

I hope you, your Mum and Sister are all well. Xx