I miss my mum!!

Debby Short

May 29, 2008
Near Heathrow Airport
I haven't posted for ages, because things have been good - and no mum has not died which is also good.

Quick update mum diagnosed 3 yrs ago, went downhill quickly. Went into hospital in May this year, and into a home in August. By the way the home and the staff are lovely. The home is just for people with dimentia, and I was so scared that we would not find a suitable place for her. They are good to both mum & dad.

Anyway back to my point of missing mum - 3 weeks ago I had major surgery (women's problems), and I miss my mum sooooo much. Although I have had other females around me it is my mum that I want to talk to. I went to see her a couple of weeks before I had surgery, and wanted to tell her what was happening but knew it was unfair to say anything. Coming out of the anasetic I asked for only her (my poor husband).

I can't even go and see her because I am not allowed to drive and even if I did get there I would not be able to keep up with her as she loves to walk, and she lives 110 miles away.

I feel so miserable at the moment, I hate this awful disease - all I can think is 'Why my mum, especially when I need her so much'. I sound so selfish, but I just want my mum back.

Debby

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
HI Debby

Don't think you are selfish at all.

I think that we all cry that. I remember only too well the raw pain of needing my Mum when my kids were small and instead having her in hospital and having even more weight added to the responsibility of caring for twin toddlers which was hard enough.

Dementia is such a long slow bereavement and when we are down and feeling low ourselves that grief comes back to bite us and it comtinues to do so. Many do not understand how we feel as the person is still alive.

I have so much that I had wanted to share with my Mum and in the tough times it is so hard without her there.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

and I hope you are recovered soon

Love

Mameeskye