I miss my mum

Careforme

Apr 15, 2014
Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support.

Mums funeral was yesterday, one of the hardest and strangest days ever. I managed to hold it together for mum, dad and brother. My brother did a tribute speech that we both wrote together and I am so proud of him.

Everything seems a blur just now. So out of place and just so unreal feeling. I had a lot of wise words from family and friends yesterday and the word 'adjust' kept coming up. I guess it will be adjusting. From everyday looking after mum with everything and dad also to just not doing this anymore. My parents have always been the most important thing to me and I am worried about dad too.

I know how Ill mum was and how much she suffered through her illness and I guess the only comfort I have is knowing she is at peace and no longer ill. It still does not make it any easier and I feel selfish. I wish my mum was still here in the way she was before ever being ill.

My friends had booked a cottage a long while back and invited myself anc partner to go for some time away. We are meant to go this weekend. Part of me wants to go, part of me does not. Part of me just does not actually know what I even want to do. Then I'm worrying not being here for dad for two days. I know he will encourage me but still does not feel right.

I know this is going to take time. I guess I'm just worrying what it's going to be like each day as it goes on.

Thank you so much for your advice and support xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Cwtch

thank you all so very much for your kind words and support.

Mums funeral was yesterday, one of the hardest and strangest days ever. I managed to hold it together for mum, dad and brother. My brother did a tribute speech that we both wrote together and i am so proud of him.

Everything seems a blur just now. So out of place and just so unreal feeling. I had a lot of wise words from family and friends yesterday and the word 'adjust' kept coming up. I guess it will be adjusting. From everyday looking after mum with everything and dad also to just not doing this anymore. My parents have always been the most important thing to me and i am worried about dad too.

I know how ill mum was and how much she suffered through her illness and i guess the only comfort i have is knowing she is at peace and no longer ill. It still does not make it any easier and i feel selfish. I wish my mum was still here in the way she was before ever being ill.

My friends had booked a cottage a long while back and invited myself anc partner to go for some time away. We are meant to go this weekend. Part of me wants to go, part of me does not. Part of me just does not actually know what i even want to do. Then i'm worrying not being here for dad for two days. I know he will encourage me but still does not feel right.

I know this is going to take time. I guess i'm just worrying what it's going to be like each day as it goes on.

Thank you so much for your advice and support xx

sent from my iphone using talking point
lost my wife 1 year ago now from lewy body dem.still hard ,so i know how you feel.im sanding you a big whlsh cwtch

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hard as it is, not going on the weekend won't help. Just explain to the people you're with that you might need a bit of time by yourself, because of how you're feeling. That it's not that you want to be miserable, just that right now, you need little breaks inside yourself now and then.

As for leaving your dad for the couple of days, all I can tell you is that when my husband died, I had some of his family here over the funeral. While it was lovely to have them, there were times I really needed to be by myself, and thankfully, they understood that and took themselves out for the day.

Give yourself time. There are no guidelines as to how long any stage of grief should last. It'll get more bearable in time.xx