I`m In this weeks Magazine !!!!!

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Norrms, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    Hiya all, just to tell you that my interview is in this weeks Community Care magazine, it looks great but they have used the worst photo of me i can imagine !! Unless they wanted to show me looking miserible about my illness, if thats the case its certainly worked !!:D:D I hope it gets lots of attention so it raises awareness even further, this is the link to it, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Arti...-who-is-charting-his-life-with-alzheimers.htm

2. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Thats really good, Norms - it is not such a bad photo of you, still a handsome fellow :cool: It describes your wonderful attitude to this illness which may give hope to those just being diagnosed.

There is a link to your Blogs too - which is helpful.

3. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    Hiya

And also my e mail if anybody wants to get in touch or needs any help, please please just e mail me, Hope this helps, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Hello Norrms, congratulations on your fame. Can't get into the link as my broadband is playing up this morning but I bet you are a darned sight easier on the eye than anyone else they've pictured.;)

5. sad nell

sad nell Registered User

Norrms i felt so proud reading your article to be able to call you and Elaine Friends, sure many people will benefit from you being so open about AD, Not a bad photo Norrms, its just that we are used to that lovely wide smile of yours . love to all the family Pam

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    That's a really good article Norrms. The picture is fine - just a serious you! I think it's really good that they have the link to your Blogs. Well done. Izzy x

7. FifiMo

FifiMo Registered User

Feb 10, 2010
    Wiltshire
    Congratulations on the Article Norms. You are doing so much to get the attention this disease needs and its great they've included links to your blog and your email - lets hope you get lots of feedback from it.

Oh, and the picture looks just great :D.

Fiona

8. beech mount

beech mount Registered User

Sep 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Well done Norrms and Elaine.
    John.

9. flowerpot

flowerpot Registered User

Loved the article. :) You are an inspiration to so many people:D

10. Dibs

Dibs Registered User

Jun 19, 2009
    Hampshire
    Hi Norms & Elaine

Congratulations - keep up the good work!!:)
    Love Dibs (Deborah) xxxxxx

11. Margaret79

Margaret79 Registered User

Now I know someone famous! :D:D:D Congratulations Norrms and Elaine. You are both an inspiration to us all. I learn so much from your posts.

Thank you for being you and for sharing with us all.

Have a good day!

Love & Hugs

Margaret xxx

12. Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Registered User

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater London
    Hello Norrms

With Mum being in hospital, I've not had much time for any sort of reading, but I wanted to add my congratulations. You are truly an inspiration.

Best wishes to you and Elaine
    Mary
    x

13. bigtom

bigtom Registered User

Sep 19, 2009
    bolton lancs
    Hi norm, well done you help so many people with your insight and long may you be able to do so, and i"m sure you will with elaine by your side. we had a trip out yesterday with the support club to whalley bridge for a mael and a cruise on the high peak canal, and a lot of the members asked how you and elaine where and send best wishs to you both take care regards tom:)

14. kittypurry

kittypurry Registered User

Aug 8, 2010
    Wow- fame!
    Was a really pood article- xx Congrats.

and the pic isn't that bad.:)

15. Michele

Michele Registered User

Oct 6, 2007
    Well done Norrms.

The article is fantastic. Hey, the photo looks good to me.

Love and hugs
    Michele
    xxx

16. scarletpauline

scarletpauline Registered User

Jul 19, 2009
    Leicestershire
    That's a really interesting article Norrms and I agree with everyone else, the photo isn't bad at all, just that you haven't got that twinkly smile we are used to seeing you with, love Pauline xx

17. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Norms

Well done to you and Elaine.
    The article is marvellous. The photo is not the smiling Norms we know and love but never mind, it serves it`s purpose.
    The whole thing is a credit to both of you.

18. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    well done Norrms great article picture not to bad:D love larivy

19. Beezed

Beezed Registered User

Apr 28, 2009
    Southampton
    Great article Norrms, only thing missing is your big beaming smile. You and Elaine do so much to raise awareness.

Hope all is well with you.

Love
    Jeanne

20. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    Hiya

I am humbled by your comments, thank you so much everybody, best wishes, Norrms and famly xxxxxxxxx