I Know, But Should I... If I Have It!? Do You Know?

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Richard and Fin, Apr 12, 2019.

1. One Moment At A Time

One Moment At A Time Registered User

Jan 4, 2019
    Warm greetings I too been Dx with early stages of AD & I'm also a cancer survivor, tomorrow Saturday I'm going on a "date" with my dear wife & our two treasures (our adorable grandsons 9 & 11) to the movies to watch "Lion King" & afterwards we eat out, be safe & always buckle up--- it's one moment at a time / baby steps & utilizing daily the "Serenity Pray" --- it has help me a lot for many years, respectfully a big hug,

2. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    Wow an amazing explanation!
    Respect!
    Please don’t stop being funny & you - mini me doing a great job
    X

3. Chalkie

Chalkie New member

Jan 19, 2018
    I know very well that I have dementia. It's the little things - a bit of confusion following conversations, losing myself in a sentence, forgetting grandchildren's names, needing to be told/shown several times before I 'get it', struggling to find words. However, my mixed dementia has its blessings - my husband and I savour every day and live for the moment now, my children show love and support they didn't before, I have made new friends who, with their own experience of dementia, understand me. Yes, I know it will get worse, but I live for today and don't think about tomorrow. After all, something else might get me before dementia does!

4. bobmacwos

bobmacwos Registered User

Jun 3, 2018
    hi to all in this post/thread
    i have posted before but not lately
    i have mixed type alzeimers and vascular dementia
    it is very hard for most people to get a diagnoisi and accept it
    like in one post the person was told it didnt matter which type you had as all the same
    this is proved by the different patterns and behaviourers they cause
    a good clinic wiil be able to give a good diagnoisis
    i had bad depression and was told that was why my memory was bad espically short term memrory
    and cos i had axneity and then just before memory clinic diagnosed dementia i was found to have ptsd as ex army
    which had been denied for years
    i have accepted my dementia and am on mematine because cant have doneprizel
    and have been on holiday now as on my bucket listif you have friends and family go ou t and mix with people and lunches out and to hold up yourself
    i am also deaf and mobility problems too but will not let dementia beat me until the end
    my mum had it and my gran too so not a strange thing to have in the family
    good luck aLL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD FIG

5. bpop

bpop New member

Aug 4, 2019

6. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Much love to you & your husband; you made me smile & cry at the same time!
    Xx

7. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    Hope you have a favourite piece of music & can enjoy dancing as if no one is watching !

I often join in the dancing at Dads care home!
    Who knew you could jive with a walking frame!!!!

8. Cazzita

Cazzita Registered User

May 12, 2018
    Thanks for your insight into this condition. Wishing you love and luck :) x