i keep reading the wrong words

muriel67

Apr 10, 2014
hi people,i have noticed I have a new problem and I don't know if its common in vascular dementia. recently when I am reading anything I keep seeing the wrong words and misunderstanding the article.its very strange because I re read what I have read and I still cant make sense of it,but if I look later the right word is there and its making sense again.its very random when this happens.also I am not sleeping at night but I don't feel tired I can go on 3 or 4 hours sleep.the odd thing is my usual bedtime was between 10.30 to 11.30.but the nearer bedtime comes im less tired and a bit fidgety .I have tried going to bed but cant settle so up again after half hour.is this normal.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello Muriel , it's the same with my Oh who has mixed dementia Alzheimer's and vascular. He has to read the same sentence over and over again . He also is up 4 to 5 times a night as he can't settle and sleep . It could be a bit of sundowning, where the brain is very tired and tries to digests all activity from the day? My OH describes it as fog coming in. Hoping you did get some sleep and have a good day xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point