I just want to run away and never come back

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by RedShoes23, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Risa

Risa Registered User

Apr 13, 2015
    Essex
    Don't feel bad Grahamstown. Being a carer is hard but you don't get to clock off at the end of a shift and go home to unwind. We learn 'on the job' and we all make mistakes/respond to situations that in hindsight we could have handled better. That is why I picked my tagline as it sums up my family's continuing experience with dementia and looking after Mum.

2. Mudgee Joy

Mudgee Joy Registered User

Dec 26, 2017
    Female
    New South Wales Australia
    Dear @Grahamstown - my husband too can’t cope if I am angry - and really it’s not anger so much as frustration - but I have improved over this journey of only 8 months so far - I am getting better and he seems more manageable - my OH had D for a year or 2 before I recognised it - but now that I understand his problems I am more Accommodating - and his poor memory is an assset !! Each day is a new start. Look at it that was - start each day with a clean slate :):p !!