I Hope You're All Looking After Yourselves As Far As Covid Is Concerned

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone,

I know that Covid hasn't been mentioned much on the news recently for obvious reasons but I want you all to look after yourselves. I have a pupil with Covid and a distant relative has past away from Covid so please be careful.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good evening everyone,

I know that Covid hasn't been mentioned much on the news recently for obvious reasons but I want you all to look after yourselves. I have a pupil with Covid and a distant relative has past away from Covid so please be careful.

MaNaAk
sorry to hear that @MaNaAk they are looking at 2nd booster especially for the older person. you be careful too

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
My friend had what she first thought was a cold, did a lateral flow test and got a negative result. Two days later she felt worse and then tested positive. That was last Friday. I didn’t phone incase she was sleeping or feeling rough but sent a text Sunday - she was feeling better but the chap she shares her house with had tested positive that morning although he had no symptoms! I meant to contact her today then forgot about it. I must chat with her tomorrow!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I had a sore throat, cough and cold and tested negative twice. it got much worse and third test was positive. I have had two positive tests and will take another test tomorrow, 10 days after the first positive.

Sore throat has gone but all other symptoms of a severe cold remain.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Get better quickly @jaymor more terrible news from Ukraine but we must keep up to date with news here. For example how is our NHS coping and for the sake of everyone here what about adult social care?

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
How are you supposed to know if you've had Covid or not if you get it and are asymptomatic? I've never really understood this - are we supposed to just test every week anyway?

For the record, I've never done a test and don't think I've had it. (Vax x 3) But I'd like to know. I know there are tests for antibodies but I've read that doesn't last for long, hence people catching it a second time.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
My eldest daughter works in a hospital and they all still do LFT regularly.
One of her colleagues tested positive a couple of weeks ago and they were all told to do a LFT daily for 10 days and they weren’t allowed to go out to lunch together during that time. They wear masks all the times except when eating or drinking anyway. No one else tested positive luckily.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
How are you supposed to know if you've had Covid or not if you get it and are asymptomatic? I've never really understood this - are we supposed to just test every week anyway?

For the record, I've never done a test and don't think I've had it. (Vax x 3) But I'd like to know. I know there are tests for antibodies but I've read that doesn't last for long, hence people catching it a second time.
I have always used a lateral flow since we have been free to meet people. I always do one before meeting up or attending hospital appointment. when I started the cold and sore throat I did one, it was negative. I did one the night before attending hospital, again negative. Then again the following night as my hairdressers was coming to cut my hair the next morning. That test was positive. as of Tuesday this week I was still testing positive. I will test again tomorrow, 10 days post the first positive.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I still test when I visit my mum, but I've stopped more regular testing to save the tests I have got as when we have to pay it is going to add up, specially as my husband has to test too.
My son had covid over Christmas. We wouldn't have known but for the fact we all took a test before my brother, who is very frail, visited.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I have to do LFT test every time I visit C's nursing home and every day I am working as my job involves close contact with vulnerable people. Sadly, C has just tested positive which means I can't visit for a week.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Oh no @nae sporran. I do hope C will be ok & one of the lucky ones who are able to shake it off. My sister had covid at Xmas & is still coughing. This was my concern about lifting restrictions & putting the responsibility on general public to test themselves & self isolate with no mandatory rules in place other than for certain occupations ?
I have just read that in my county we have had 11 covid deaths this week with several currently in hospital. The reported covid positives has more than doubled & that’s only those who have tested. My B in Law us currently ill with a cold & is negative but in view of the above comments from @jaymor im going to suggest he does a couple more tests.

Last edited:

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I have never tested but as we don't go anywhere except for necessities, I don't find it necessary. I suspect my husband and I had very mild COVID in mid-January. We simply stayed home and self-isolated. My husband is still working from home and I can when I have to, so it worked out. My boss has since given me a half dozen tests so we have them if needed.

SERENA50

Jan 17, 2018
Big question is, who is still testing? Anyone?
Yeah I still test before I see my dad. I had covid in January as did my OH. I was about to see my dad but I felt a bit strange so phoned and said I would not be down. The next day my OH tested positive and then I followed. Obviously I had the virus but would have been doing nothing wrong by seeing my dad as tested negative just felt strange. We were poorly for two weeks, triple jabbed as well. I also still wear a mask if I go the supermarket probably the only person really but having had it I don't really want it again yet.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
My B in Law us currently ill with a cold & is negative but in view of the above comments from @jaymor im going to suggest he does a couple more tests.
just contacted sister to get him to do another test, apparently done 2 negative but just did a third lo & behold now positive ?
Wanted to thank you @jaymor for relating your situation. I hope you soon recover

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Sorry to hear that MaNaAk, doing LFT every time I visit mum in nursing home (3 times a week, and brother goes twice, no visiting at weekends), but I am worried what I will do when the tests are no longer free if the home still insists on them. Sadly it might mean that I couldn't visit as often as I would like if I have to pay for them.

Take care everyone