I Hold my hands up

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Even though i KNOW i am doing my best ,I am constantly making mistakes as a carer, getting wracked with guilt at times.

There i said it.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Worriedson,
I see you have posted a factsheet which I probably would have directed you towards.

You have already taken action in joining TP but maybe you need other forms of support as well. It is good to share your thoughts here but what about ringing up the local branch of the Society and asking if they have a support worker there. Some have Dementia Support Workers who will understand your local area.
You can find your branch here - just put in your postcode on the right hand side.
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200121

If you are doing your best you have no need to feel guilt. If you think you can do just something extra then maybe you will feel a bit better. This is where I think a person to person contact will help you. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes however caring we are.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Even though i KNOW i am doing my best ,I am constantly making mistakes as a carer, getting wracked with guilt at times.

There i said it.

I think that statement applies to each and everyone of us. we all feel it at times. we all do the best we can
we all make mistakes,

Don't beat yourself up over it

Only this morning I have got frustrated. arranged for a sharp box collection...and district nurse has taken it away ( and not left a replacement) . I could have waited and let rip at her....but what is the point?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I think that statement applies to each and everyone of us. we all feel it at times. we all do the best we can
we all make mistakes,

Don't beat yourself up over it

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Hi Worriedson,
I see you have posted a factsheet which I probably would have directed you towards.

You have already taken action in joining TP but maybe you need other forms of support as well. It is good to share your thoughts here but what about ringing up the local branch of the Society and asking if they have a support worker there. Some have Dementia Support Workers who will understand your local area.
You can find your branch here - just put in your postcode on the right hand side.
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200121

If you are doing your best you have no need to feel guilt. If you think you can do just something extra then maybe you will feel a bit better. This is where I think a person to person contact will help you. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes however caring we are.

"If you are doing your best you have no need to feel guilt."

That' the thing.....I KNOW iam doing my best but sadly when i see my mum in dementia mode so to speak i feel gulity that i cant do anything and i know i cant............i just....well that's the way i feel as irrational it may be:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.