I have vascular dementia can somebody help me

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but if I am chick please could you let me know as now I'm so confused now it's upsetting me so much that and yet again memory team say l don't meet cryterea for xtera help .

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but if I am chick please could you let me know as now I'm so confused now it's upsetting me so much that and yet again memory team say l don't meet cryterea for xtera help .

Oh Steve have you got admiral nurses where you are? They could liaison with memory team for you or perhaps Theresa could send them an e mail explaining your difficulties? Don't give up as sometimes these things need a bit of time . Always here if you need support :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

black night

Sep 26, 2014
Oh Steve have you got admiral nurses where you are? They could liaison with memory team for you or perhaps Theresa could send them an e mail explaining your difficulties? Don't give up as sometimes these things need a bit of time . Always here if you need support :)

Hi chick I havint any contact details for admiral nurses I would love it if you could give me there email address I'm absolutely struggling with my short term memory loss is deminishing every day I rang back memory team and seid how far gone do I have to be before I have more help I just don't know how much longer thay are going to ignore me love you stev and terasaxxx

black night

Sep 26, 2014
Thank you Kevin :) was just about to do it

Hi chick I have found out what my dad died of today he had neomonia and other compleacations I feel so sad that he has gone I'm missing him already it's only been since saterday. But he has gone to join my mum and one of my brothers. I'm so down right now I'm devestated I havint greaves for them does that make me cold .I just can't seem to cry I feel terrible about it its made my depression and angsity attacks worse I just need a cuddle my sister is with us I havint seen her yet though she is getting organised for funeral service not shore when maybe a weeks time. So sad

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chick I have found out what my dad died of today he had neomonia and other compleacations I feel so sad that he has gone I'm missing him already it's only been since saterday. But he has gone to join my mum and one of my brothers. I'm so down right now I'm devestated I havint greaves for them does that make me cold .I just can't seem to cry I feel terrible about it its made my depression and angsity attacks worse I just need a cuddle my sister is with us I havint seen her yet though she is getting organised for funeral service not shore when maybe a weeks time. So sad

Oh Steve my heart goes out to you and your family . I guess you are still in shock bless . So glad your sister is with you too and you can be there for one another and share your grief . My thoughts are with you all . Wishing you strength for the coming days x

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Steve, I am so sorry to read of your sad loss. I wish you and your family only strength for this difficult time. You are grieving and please do not for one moment think you are cold. As Chick said, you are in shock and grief does not necessarily mean crying. Grief is like a virus, it needs to take its course and can take time to go through the stages. When you are ready, emotions may show and allow yourself this but don't worry. I am pleased that your sister is with you and your wife. Only good wishes to you all, Steve.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your dad. Sending my condolences. Thinking of you. x

black night

Sep 26, 2014
Steve, I am so sorry to read of your sad loss. I wish you and your family only strength for this difficult time. You are grieving and please do not for one moment think you are cold. As Chick said, you are in shock and grief does not necessarily mean crying. Grief is like a virus, it needs to take its course and can take time to go through the stages. When you are ready, emotions may show and allow yourself this but don't worry. I am pleased that your sister is with you and your wife. Only good wishes to you all, Steve.

Thank you oxy Friday is getting closer my depression and angsity are getting me down but I'm trying to keep it together I'm going on my wendsday morning walk with my dementia freinds. We are going to our Eden progect for a sensory trust creative spaces walk. I know thay will look after me and terasa wish you well to by by for now .

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Thank you Izzy for your message we do appreciate it I'm so glad there are people like you who understand what I'm going through. I don't know what I will be like on the day my depression and angsity are getting worse as the time goes on I will try and keep it together thank you for your message by by for now

edwardbs

Jul 30, 2014
Lichfield Staffs
what is an admiral nurse?

Oh Steve have you got admiral nurses where you are? They could liaison with memory team for you or perhaps Theresa could send them an e mail explaining your difficulties? Don't give up as sometimes these things need a bit of time . Always here if you need sup

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Steve have you got admiral nurses where you are? They could liaison with memory team for you or perhaps Theresa could send them an e mail explaining your difficulties? Don't give up as sometimes these things need a bit of time . Always here if you need sup

Here is the link to the Admiral Nurses site. It will explain what they are and what they do. It will also let you see if there are any in your area. We have none in Scotland but they have been kind enough to help me by email even though I live in Scotland.

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I have vascular dementia can somebody help me yes I must agree with you

Thank you Izzy for your message it was a sad day on Friday I miss him already my family are gone back to other parts of the uk it's a undiscribible feeling num now .il never see my parents anymore it was a good send off for dad .He had done Williams going in the church and country roads coming out of the church he was a big country western fan .

black night

Sep 26, 2014

The problem is my doctor or consultant won't give my anymore help with my memory loss my memory is bad it's very frustrating for me and my wife I'm at the end of my tether but becase we live in cornwall there's no help at all so my depression gets worse I've just been to my dad's funeral that was painfull no one is listening to me and my brother took half of my share of inheritance I was left mobile scooter now I have to pay for it its not going well

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
The problem is my doctor or consultant won't give my anymore help with my memory loss my memory is bad it's very frustrating for me and my wife I'm at the end of my tether but becase we live in cornwall there's no help at all so my depression gets worse I've just been to my dad's funeral that was painfull no one is listening to me and my brother took half of my share of inheritance I was left mobile scooter now I have to pay for it its not going well

Steve, I am sorry you are feeling so down but you have been through such a lot lately . Stress affects the dementia and I am hoping that you will have calmer days ahead . I am not on TP that much at the moment but I wanted to send you my best wishes .

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Hi chick it's been about a week since I've lost my dad I'm feeling sad but I'm trying to let me feel a little better it's hard there was lots of people at the funeral. I've been to the doctors and nurse tryed to get blood out of me Thursday morning I've got to go and try again .It's to find out what type of artheritis it is at the minite my left hand is curling up like a fist I can't straighten my hand my ankles and knees are swaulen to I'm on liquid morfine for the pain .so my GP has told me I can't get anymore help with my memory loss we don't have admiril nurses in cornwall terasa is getting so frustrated with me I'm repeating myself and doing strange things I'm falling over my short term memory loss is deminishing yet no more help I'm going for pip benifit for the Third time having help from care support worker she will take us and push for top benifits if thay lie again she is going to take it to the hightest apeal session in uk love u lots chick stephen and terasa xxxxxxxx :confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello Steve , I am so very sorry you are having such a terrible time at the moment and my heart goes out to you and Theresa . Unfortunately there is only so much medication can do . My husbands short term memory is very bad too but we try and concentrate on the many things we still can do . It must be so difficult with grief and constant worry but we are all here for you with support and a listening ear. Perhaps you could talk to the Alzheimer's society ? Have you and Theresa had a carers assessment yet it can be organised by phoning social services . Have you got Crossroads in Cornwall as they are a charity carer organisation who will come out and speak with you and can offer practical advise and help. Wishing you all the best Steve ( hugs to you and Theresa xx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Black knight really feeling for you at the moment, you and your wife seem to be going through an awful lot. Have you ever spoken to CAB? They could help you with all the form filling, appeals, making contact with social services and councils. I am hoping that things improve for you both very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife