I have said goodbye to Mum

Finn

Oct 25, 2010
Leicestershire
Hi All,
I haven't posted on here for many months but I have been around. I just wanted tell you all that my beautiful gentle Mum died in my arms last Tuesday. She suffered with both Alzheimer's and cancer and it was a mix of both of these that she finally succumbed to. The last 3 years of her life have been full of pain, sadness, frustration and distress, and I know she is out of all that now but i am still so very sad to not have her with me.
I will continue to keep an eye on the forum in case I can help anyone in the future as I have been helped and supported.
Take care all of you and love to all of your dear loved ones
With love Finn xxx

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
So sorry to read that. She's at peace now.

I know one day soon my turn with my mum will come.

seasong

Apr 13, 2014
South East England
Hi All,
I haven't posted on here for many months but I have been around. I just wanted tell you all that my beautiful gentle Mum died in my arms last Tuesday. She suffered with both Alzheimer's and cancer and it was a mix of both of these that she finally succumbed to. The last 3 years of her life have been full of pain, sadness, frustration and distress, and I know she is out of all that now but i am still so very sad to not have her with me.
I will continue to keep an eye on the forum in case I can help anyone in the future as I have been helped and supported.
Take care all of you and love to all of your dear loved ones
With love Finn xxx

My heartfelt thoughts are with you at this very sad time. You can draw courage from the fact your mum has been released from the pain of the past three years. However, I know this can bring little comfort to you as we always want and need our mum close to us. Take good care of yourself as your mum would have wanted you to.

Love XX

Seasong

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I am so sorry, but your dear mum is no longer suffering, and that can only bring you peace too, in time.
I am glad for you that you were with her at the end, and hope that this too will bring you comfort.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It's so sad to lose a parent. As you say, she is out of a lot of awful stuff now but this doesn't stop you missing her so much.

I wish you strength and peace in the coming days.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so very sorry that your beautiful mum has gone, but so very glad that you were there to hold her and ease her in her last moments. Please accept my condolences x

flowerpetals

Mar 6, 2015
I am so sad to hear of your Mum's passing, it hurts so much to lose a parent. I wish you lots of love and strength to get through this difficult time. xx

chrisdee

Nov 23, 2014
Yorkshire
So sorry to hear that your Mum has passed away. My Mum passed away last Wednesday. It was the right time for her but the emotions still very raw for me.
The see-saw of feelings hard to take at times.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so very sorry to hear this. You know TP is here for you too and it will be good to see you around when you are ready.

purplelizzie

Mar 11, 2015
Swansea South Wales
My Dad

I send my heart felt condolences to you and your family. I said goodbye to my dad last week he had vascular dementia. The last two and half years have been very hard.I feel a huge gap in my life at the moment. Takecare x Purplelizzzie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix