I have lost my husband

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
I lost my dear husband of 56 years yesterday on our wedding anniversary. He had a six year tussle with Alzheimer's and a six day battle with pneumonia.
I want to say what a blessing TP has been and I sincerely thank everyone who has posted.
The knowledge I have gained has been a godsend in these last weeks particularly, and it is a wonderful source of comfort to know that you are not alone with this awful disease, and that others are always ready and willing to offer help and support.
Thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear Maymab, I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending you my sincere condolences and wishing you peace and strength at this difficult time.

Lindy xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Maymab, I'm so sorry. How strange that he died on your wedding anniversary. It may sound a bit far fetched, but I wonder if somehow in some part of his brain he knew and waited until that day. I had a friend whose husband (quite young) had a brain tumour and he died on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
I don't know what your family circumstances are but I do hope you have support around you.
Sending you love and a huge hug. I hope you can get some rest tonight so that you can tackle the next few days. Do be kind to yourself. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sorry Maymab, hope you are keeping friends and family close to you.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Wishing you strength in the days ahead x

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
So sorry to hear of your loss, especially on such a poignant day. Thinking of you and may the love that surrounds you bring you the strength you need at this horrible time.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your sad news Maymab. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
I lost my dear husband of 56 years yesterday on our wedding anniversary. He had a six year tussle with Alzheimer's and a six day battle with pneumonia.
I want to say what a blessing TP has been and I sincerely thank everyone who has posted.
The knowledge I have gained has been a godsend in these last weeks particularly, and it is a wonderful source of comfort to know that you are not alone with this awful disease, and that others are always ready and willing to offer help and support.
Thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Please accept my condolences, I hope you have plenty of support and find strength for the future. Take care of yourself and keep posting when you feel the need.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so very sorry you have lost your husband. I hope his passing was peaceful after suffering so much.

I thought for a moment we shared an anniversary but as I wasn't on TP yesterday, which would have been our 54th wedding anniversary, I see that of course your's was the previous day.
So very poignant for you. xx

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Very sad news. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary too so I can imagine how especially poignant it must be for that now to be the day you had to say goodbye. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon56