I have just been diagnosed with intensive widespead small vessel disease, what's next

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Trash
and welcome to TP
it's a good place to come to share your experiences with sympathetic and understanding folk who have dementia in their lives in some way
so although your diagnosis has probably pulled the carpet from under your feet, the members here will support you - and there are quite a few who themselves have a diagnosis
so settle in, maybe have a read around, and post again with anything that's on your mind - no comment or question is off limits - and for a bit of relaxation there's the tea room and the weekly chat thread, to just chit-chat
probably what's next is a period of letting the dust settle - then maybe look at some legal stuff eg Powers of Attorney, your will - having a chat with your GP just to keep hem up to date - having a chat with your family and friends - and taking each day at a time
you are the person today you were yesterday, so take time to grasp this news
and come back here whenever, to write whatever is on your mind
best wishes

Last edited:

Trash

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks Granny

Thanks Granny, it did help but also it didn't. My GP phoned to day and told me there was nothing to worry about despite the consultants diagnosis as "Extensive Widespread Small Vessel Disease". I am still no further forward.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132