• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

I have Frontotemporal dementia

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
I have been diagnosed with behavioural FTD & am really interested in connected with others to help if poss.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi PJ I take you only recently been told you have FTD ok there is a lot of information about Frontal-temporal-dementia so I’m not sure what information you expect from Talking Point members remember were all individuals with different abilities

if it helps I have FTD diagnosed in 1999 aged 56 carried on at work until I was 65

I still drive today 22 years later so my advice best to look at your FTD in a positive way life to short to worry about negativity

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hi PJ I take you only recently been told you have FTD ok there is a lot of information about Frontal-temporal-dementia so I’m not sure what information you expect from Talking Point members remember were all individuals with different abilities

if it helps I have FTD diagnosed in 1999 aged 56 carried on at work until I was 65

I still drive today 22 years later so my advice best to look at your FTD in a positive way life to short to worry about negativity
Hi, thanks for your reply sounds like you are doing amazingly well! That’s great to hear. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and I like to keep as active as possible and support others where poss too. I have been told about a group called DEEP which sounds very promising so I plan to meet them in zoom and see how others with the same type of Diagnosis are doing as I find it very helpful 😁

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I was a member of the Alzheimer’s society Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Dementia Leadership Group from 2010 to 2015 and remember having meetings with DEEP when they were looking for ideas and funding to set up these groups

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carer for mum